Texas @ UTRGV | The Boneyard

Texas @ UTRGV

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was a one-point game in 3Q until TX went on a 9-0 run. The UTRGV coach just got T'ed up as well.

Live feed: WAC Digital Network

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Univ of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Massey rating #253. They Play Texas A&M next and then Baylor. Three paydays for this school.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Univ of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Massey rating #253. They Play Texas A&M next and then Baylor. Three paydays for this school.
Actually, they're playing this game in Edinburg. I doubt it's a guarantee game.

Reaction Score
Texas had a similar game against Stetson the other day. I'm starting to think they may just not be very good this year. These are games they should win by 40+ on talent differential alone.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Actually, they're playing this game in Edinburg. I doubt it's a guarantee game.

Interesting. I wonder if it was a home and home with UT. The games v aTm and Baylor are road games.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas had a similar game against Stetson the other day. I'm starting to think they may just not be very good this year. These are games they should win by 40+ on talent differential alone.
It's been that way all season. They looked like a bad high school team against Mississippi State; they out-inepted Tennessee; and they can't put the stomp on even the worst teams.

Reaction Score
It's been that way all season. They looked like a bad high school team against Mississippi State; they out-inepted Tennessee; and they can't put the stomp on even the worst teams.
I always look forward to my Lady Bears whipping Texas, but it would be nice if they would at least be decent. I'm not sure if there are any real top 25 teams in the Big 12 after Baylor. A whole lot of mediocrity.

Texas is now 6-37 from 3 over their last 2 games.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I always look forward to my Lady Bears whipping Texas, but it would be nice if they would at least be decent. I'm not sure if there are any real top 25 teams in the Big 12 after Baylor. A whole lot of mediocrity.

So true about the B12. There's Baylor and then everyone else. The only team that I think might pose any issues for Baylor is West Virginia, as they have a bona fide superstar in Tynice Martin. If Oklahoma can build on their strong showing vs. UConn, they may finish top 4 in the conference ... but I just don't see them challenging Baylor.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

A Baylor fan talking crap about Texas is pretty funny considering how average your team looked 3 out 4 quarters against Arizona State and Stanford. Although, I know Baylor fans get their kicks by beating bad programs by 40 points and then thumping their chests.

As for our 3-point shooting, at least we're actually bold enough to shoot them. Baylor's three-point shooting line was 1-3 against ASU, and 3-7 against Stanford. Guess just too scared to shoot from beyond the arc.

Plebe

Reaction Score
As for our 3-point shooting, at least we're actually bold enough to shoot them. Baylor's three-point shooting line was 1-3 against ASU, and 3-7 against Stanford. Guess just too scared to shoot from beyond the arc.

Not a Baylor fan here, but maybe it's called playing to one's strengths?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Not a Baylor fan here, but maybe it's called playing to one's strengths?
Shooting layups and from 2 feet away from the basket are Baylor's strengths. But, when Stanford is hitting a bunch of 3's to Baylor's 2's, no surprise at how the game unfolded.

Reaction Score
A Baylor fan talking crap about Texas is pretty funny considering how average your team looked 3 out 4 quarters against Arizona State and Stanford. Although, I know Baylor fans get their kicks by beating bad programs by 40 points and then thumping their chests.

I'm really curious how slow starts against top 25 teams are somehow supposed to compare to slow starts against teams ranked outside the top 200. Would you like to talk about Texas' slow start against Mississippi State?

At least we killed the teams we were supposed to kill. I guess we were supposed to be nice to them and let it be close.

As for the 3 point shooting thing, repeatedly jacking up shots you aren't likely to make isn't bold, it's stupid. Not sure why you would advocate taking a shot that is falling less than 30% of the time.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
At least we killed the teams we were supposed to kill. I guess we were supposed to be nice to them and let it be close.
You proved my point. A Baylor fan thumping their chest about blowout wins against weak opponents.

Do blowouts get a team bonus points in RPI and SOS?

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
One of UTRGV's wins this season was against the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (Massey #299) which happens to be Miss State's next opponent.

Plebe

Reaction Score
One of UTRGV's wins this season was against the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns (Massey #299) which happens to be Miss State's next opponent.
When did they go from being known as Louisiana-Lafayette to just Louisiana?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I believe during last year's softball season, announcers would refer to the Ragin' Caguns as Louisiana instead of the previous season's reference as Louisiana-Lafayette

Reaction Score

As a UConn fan living in Dallas, get the Big 12 and Longhorn networks and while there hasn't been much for Texas women's basketball to brag about, happy to see you appear in good mood. Have watched most games this year and while opinions vary, would say Texas finishing the year in the Top 10-15 would be an accomplishment. I like their talent for the future but today seems like they are trying to develop a new system with emphasis on "trying."

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

It's pretty funny a Texas fan wants to talk about anything at all given their current state. Baylor is significantly more relevant than your uber talented, undercoached squad. Karen made Holly look like a coaching savant...

Reaction Score
What makes you think we have uber talent? Our best player out with ACL, losing our two best players from the last four years to graduation, our hopefully super 6'7' post out with broken leg, playing freshmen a lot who were not highly ranked. I think our future is bright, but we have indeed been struggling this year. Stuff happens. Hopefully we will get sharper.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
@southie Is always good for some good rival banter.
Just calling a spade a spade. Baylor fans are the last ones who should be criticizing another team's 3-pointing shooting efficiency. Baylor's inability to make 3-point shots against Oregon State last season and Stanford this year are precisely why they lost those games.

And, if you don't take many of them during regular season games, how do you expect to make them in important tourney games down the road?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It's pretty funny a Texas fan wants to talk about anything at all given their current state. Baylor is significantly more relevant than your uber talented, undercoached squad. Karen made Holly look like a coaching savant...
Well, guess what? I'm here. Will always support my team, win or lose. Thanks for following our team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom