Texas Tech | The Boneyard

Texas Tech

Reaction Score
sounds and looks like theyre watching a different sport being played

Reaction Score
UConn fans as a whole have reached a sense of entitlement that will likely never allow this type of atmosphere in Storrs or XL again. Too many causal fans that go to the games for an outing and to watch a win. Lose a game and suddenly the sky if falling, the team is terrible, we don’t have a good coach etc etc.

It’s sad the crowds at neutral site games our fans as a whole are louder because it’s the real fans at those games that make the noise and are into the game.

Reaction Score
Gotta have a great team again. The rock fights aren’t exciting UConn fans. This is a 4 title, 5 Final Four fan base. You aren’t bringing them back in droves with an abundance of missed layups, no one that can drive to the hoop and a shooting guard that can’t shoot.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who cares, it's in Lubbock - that is nowhere near enough to compensate for the location..

I had you pegged at 8:34am this morning.
1643847007314.png

Reaction Score
I had you pegged at 8:34am this morning. View attachment 72921

Well it's true - have you been there, I have, but my perspective is informed by a friend from Texas who went to Tech and says it's sand storms all day, it's miserable - red sand everywhere, walking across campus was like getting sand blasted.

Hartford, sucks, but you can get to NYC, Boston, and even Providence in short order - that's the difference and it's a big difference.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
That place was crazy last night - switching between that and the PC/St Johns game
The electricity at Tech was phenomenal
I know there was a huge extra incentive for the crowd to go nuts because Chris Beard was in town but compare that or even the St Johns crowd to last night in Hartford or most of the home games this season.
I can't wait until UConn games get back to that fervor pitch as in the OBE days - hopefully real soon and it will be fun

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Well it's true - have you been there, I have, but my perspective is informed by a friend from Texas who went to Tech and says it's sand storms all day, it's miserable - red sand everywhere, walking across campus was like getting sand blasted.

Hartford, sucks, but you can get to NYC, Boston, and even Providence in short order - that's the difference and it's a big difference.

CL82 found his buddy - just don't suggest Storrs is a farm town (I was there 3 months ago, and it is STILL a farm town)

Reaction Score
Gotta have a great team again. The rock fights aren’t exciting UConn fans. This is a 4 title, 5 Final Four fan base. You aren’t bringing them back in droves with an abundance of missed layups, no one that can drive to the hoop and a shooting guard that can’t shoot.
So a really good team doesn’t get fans excited? 15-4, top 25 fighting for a Big East title doesn’t get fans excited? If that the case our fan base is massively overrated. Phog Allen, Cameron Indoor, etc. those places are massive home court advantages in mediocre years. Such a weird excuse

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
So a really good team doesn’t get fans excited? 15-4, top 25 fighting for a Big East title doesn’t get fans excited? If that the case our fan base is massively overrated. Phog Allen, Cameron Indoor, etc. those places are massive home court advantages in mediocre years. Such a weird excuse

I think you may have hit on something people don't want to admit.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
That may be it. I agree that it may have to do more with the style of play than the record itself, but has the University done to make it enjoyable for both students and non-students? You can't think of anything new and exciting. I mean they don't even let signs in. They cut the student section out of the XL center and told students at one point to not go to a game.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
UConn fans as a whole have reached a sense of entitlement that will likely never allow this type of atmosphere in Storrs or XL again. Too many causal fans that go to the games for an outing and to watch a win. Lose a game and suddenly the sky if falling, the team is terrible, we don’t have a good coach etc etc.

It’s sad the crowds at neutral site games our fans as a whole are louder because it’s the real fans at those games that make the noise and are into the game.

That really makes no sense. If you are a real fan why arent you at home games? Certainly its not due to ticket availability. I think maybe we just dont have that many REAL fans.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

LOL. Wake me up when Phog Allen or Cameron have teams that have the same 7 year lull we've had. Those teams are top 10 EVERY year. Such a crap comparison.

Reaction Score
LOL. Wake me up when Phog Allen or Cameron have teams that have the same 7 year lull we've had. Those teams are top 10 EVERY year. Such a crap comparison.
Our fan base is overrated if we only support great teams. It is what it is. Take it up with God.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom