OT: - Texas Hires Chris Beard | The Boneyard

OT: Texas Hires Chris Beard

Reaction Score
Wonder if Kelvin Sampson goes to Tech allowing his son to take over Houston.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Texas Tech fans are going to hate him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thought this might happen. Not sure many people would prefer Lubbock to Austin, plus the $. At least he isn't going to UNC now.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Top 10 coach in basketball now with unlimited resources and a never ending pool of local talent. They will win a national championship in the next 5 seasons
Texas basketball is cursed.

Shaka was also a supposed top 10 coach in basketball once upon a time.

I kid, somewhat. I like Beard. He’ll probably be successful there.

But also Shaka made some interesting comments at his Marquette introduction about it being a family atmosphere and a basketball first school as the reason for taking the job.

Reaction Score

Shaka was also a supposed top 10 coach in basketball once upon a time.

I kid, somewhat. I like Beard. He’ll probably be successful there.
There is a weird aura around the program, but Beard is about as perfect a fit as you will find for Texas. Would love to schedule some more h/h games with them

Reaction Score

But also Shaka made some interesting comments at his Marquette introduction about it being a family atmosphere and a basketball first school as the reason for taking the job.

I think there is something to this. It seems that there are too many boosters and people outside of the program affecting decisions surrounding their basketball program. But I think they made a good hire that'll calm them down for at least 4-5 years.

Reaction Score
Absolute home run hire for Texas, Chris Beard is legit. The coach carousel is going to fly off the rails in the coming weeks.

Reaction Score
Texas and Texas Tech are in the same conference so how common is it for a coach to leave for another team in the same conference?

I cannot recall any other similar circumstance in college BB. It happens all the time in the NBA.

Must be weird feeling to return to play against TT. Then again, he will just be crying all the way to the bank.

Reaction Score
I will bet he does not.
He was 6 seconds away from winning one at Tech. Now he actually has the full power of the Texas brand behind him to recruit better players, and he's a top 10 coach that actually knows how to develop talent

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom