Texas Bench Shoukd Have Had A Tech | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Texas Bench Shoukd Have Had A Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't even know where to begin sometimes, I'll just say many 'equivalency arguments are simply not equivalent.

This -"Forget the tech - how about the terrible unsportsmanlike conducts after the game. Not only would they not shake hands - they were taunting the crowd on the way out.."and ElAmin jumping on top of a table are not equivalent.

This "Forget the tech - how about the terrible unsportsmanlike conducts after the game. Not only would they not shake hands - they were taunting the crowd on the way out.." and Bazz running out of the gym are not equivalent

I'm amused by the hate and idiocy found on the WWW

El-Amin jumped on the scorer's table to taunt the crowd that had been taunting him. Napier made a drop-kicking motion at the Florida section and yelled at them to "get outta here" - presumably because they had been taunting him. The Texas players apparently taunted the fans that had been taunting them. That's all pretty much equivalent.

The shaking hands? ESPN jumps to a bunch of different camera angles so it's hard to tell what happened, but it was a disjointed ending. ESPN shows Texas coaches lining up to shake hands right away and the players gathering behind them eventually after their quick celebration, clearly preparing to do it. If we didn't go to the handshake line due to a variety of reasons (stunned, confused by the scoreboard showing the game tied, concerned about Boat), Texas isn't under any obligation to wait around for us in the middle of an angry gym. At a certain point, they are entitled to get to the safety of their locker room. I doubt either party would be offended by it, any more than neither us or Kentucky should be offended that there was no handshaking after the national championship. If we're offended, we're crybabies.

Reaction Score
I don't even know where to begin sometimes, I'll just say many 'equivalency arguments are simply not equivalent.

This -"Forget the tech - how about the terrible unsportsmanlike conducts after the game. Not only would they not shake hands - they were taunting the crowd on the way out.."and ElAmin jumping on top of a table are not equivalent.

This "Forget the tech - how about the terrible unsportsmanlike conducts after the game. Not only would they not shake hands - they were taunting the crowd on the way out.." and Bazz running out of the gym are not equivalent

I'm amused by the hate and idiocy found on the WWW

Hey Willie, we're all entitled to our opinion on here (i'm sure you're aware of that those referencing the "WWW")...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Absolutely, everybody is entitled to an opinion. Furthermore, good and smart people can and do disagree, I have no problem with disagreement.

It's people who seem to be trolling the Internet talking in some sort of condescending fashion when responding to innocent remarks that bore me.

I tend to respond accordingly, although it would be more mature to smile and ignore them.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, everybody is entitled to an opinion. Furthermore, good and smart people can and do disagree, I have no problem with disagreement.

It's people who seem to be trolling the Internet talking in some sort of condescending fashion when responding to innocent remarks that bore me.

I tend to respond accordingly, although it would be more mature to smile and ignore them.
Fair enough - I can agree to disagree. cheers mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom