Tevin Mack - SG (Transfer) | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack - SG (Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Apparently we've reached out: #STRecruiting: Schools reaching out to former Longhorn Mack - SportsTalk

I'm not sure I believe this report, but whatever. I think Mack would be available starting the 2nd semester next year, but am not sure – it's possible he'd have to sit out the whole season.

He'd obviously fill a need but it's tough to ignore all those red flags.

Reaction Score
Think they were just listing the schools that initially recruited him , but not sure.

Reaction Score
Pass. Just a larrier with an attitude/drug problem. I'm glad that Shaka has the integrity to let him go unlike some other high profile coaches. I respect the guy.

Reaction Score
I'd probably take him if he wanted to come here. But says in the article he wants a school close to South Carolina so probably eliminates us anyway

Reaction Score
Count me in. I think a big 2 with a sweet shot is the ideal 3 in today's environment.

Reaction Score
If he wants to come here, take him. He'll have either a year or half of a year off. If he screws up, just cut him and we still have a scholarship open for the next year. If he doesn't, then we've got a really good player on our roster for two years.

Reaction Score
Pass on this guy. Lots of red flags, great shooter but, no thanks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Don't kid yourself - UConn players have punched UConn players. Kevin Ollie once needed three stitches in his cheek after Donny Marshall punched him during a rebound drill.

2) Mack can play, but I don't know - they wasted an ass ton of time recruiting him twice already and it doesn't seem like he's inclined to come north any time soon. Plus, the kid managed to get thrown out of a Big 12 school....that ain't easy.

A reluctant pass here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1) Don't kid yourself - UConn players have punched UConn players. Kevin Ollie once needed three stitches in his cheek after Donny Marshall punched him during a rebound drill.

2) Mack can play, but I don't know - they wasted an ass ton of time recruiting him twice already and it doesn't seem like he's inclined to come north any time soon. Plus, the kid managed to get thrown out of a Big 12 school....that ain't easy.

A reluctant pass here.
Shots fired

Reaction Score
Mack's personal flaws plays right into the strength of KO. Someone will give him a second chance, so why not KO and UConn? The fact that he can really play basketball makes the decision easier. Team chemistry is over rated or the importance of it has been muted by the fact that we haven't had strong team chemistry in the last 3 years.

pj

Reaction Score
Don't want him. The negative recruiting against UConn is questioning player development. The strength is KO's player relationships and the brotherhood of the teams here. Last thing you need is a pothead and locker room spoiler to accentuate the first knock and disrupt the strength.

Reaction Score
Don't want him. The negative recruiting against UConn is questioning player development. The strength is KO's player relationships and the brotherhood of the teams here. Last thing you need is a pothead and locker room spoiler to accentuate the first knock and disrupt the strength.

The pot thing really bothers you? Jeeze I don't want to burst your bubble but some of our best players of all time smoked pot in college dude.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
The pot thing really bothers you? Jeeze I don't want to burst your bubble but some of our best players of all time smoked pot in college dude.
The last thing we need is any negativity after the way this program has been treated the past 10 years by the NCAA and media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom