terry larrier video | The Boneyard

terry larrier video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup certainly looks like its us and VCU. I believe that if he makes it out of VCU with out a commitment to them then I will feel very good about him.

Reaction Score
VCU is a total dump of a campus. Univ of Richmond is in a nice area, but VCU's campus is surrounded by boarded up buildings and bail bonds shops and stuff. Their arena is pretty nice, though.

Just can't see someone making an official visit there and feeling overwhelmed enough for an immediate commitment - unless VCU was by far the best school recruiting them.

Reaction Score
I thought a couple people on here had knowledge from good sources that the visit went very well...any updates on that? Getting less and less optimistic about getting some top flight guys although a month ago it seemed like we were in great shape for a bunch. Hope all of Ollie's time and effort isn't for naught!

Reaction Score
I don't like the way this was phrased

Zach Braziller
@NYPost_Brazille
Williams said there is a chance Larrier may go to VCU and love it and commit or they'll evaluate after and schedule other visits

Maybe the "other visits" could include an official to UConn? My understanding is he was on an unofficial to Storrs? We need to see him on an official to close any deal. Otherwise it will be VCU. Robinson is looking like the most likely get but inking Larrier would change that dynamic.

If I missed Larrier's official to UConn I was ducking water balloons being thrown at me by fleudy and mauconn. Admittedly I am trying to spin the tweeter in a way most advantageous to our chances!

VCU has put in a lot of work with the kid, Mel Johnson is there and the fan base is rabid so VCU is a strong possibility. An official to UConn on the weekend of Heart of Champion would be the strongest recruiting play from Ollie & Co. I think Miami could very well be out which is good.

I defer though to the designated experts to clarify and predict on TL. I am a mere certified amateur and intend on that never changing.

Reaction Score
VCU is a total dump of a campus. Univ of Richmond is in a nice area, but VCU's campus is surrounded by boarded up buildings and bail bonds shops and stuff. Their arena is pretty nice, though.

Just can't see someone making an official visit there and feeling overwhelmed enough for an immediate commitment - unless VCU was by far the best school recruiting them.

In all fairness Shaka Smart is still at VCU. Those boarded up buildings must look pretty good to him after receiving those other coaching offers. Shaka could be gone though soon if he doesn't real in Larrier. That's why VCU is very desperate to get him.

Reaction Score
Maybe the "other visits" could include an official to UConn? My understanding is he was on an unofficial to Storrs? We need to see him on an official to close any deal. Otherwise it will be VCU. Robinson is looking like the most likely get but inking Larrier would change that dynamic.

If I missed Larrier's official to UConn I was ducking water balloons being thrown at me by fleudy and mauconn. Admittedly I am trying to spin the tweeter in a way most advantageous to our chances!

VCU has put in a lot of work with the kid, Mel Johnson is there and the fan base is rabid so VCU is a strong possibility. An official to UConn on the weekend of Heart of Champion would be the strongest recruiting play from Ollie & Co. I think Miami could very well be out which is good.

I defer though to the designated experts to clarify and predict on TL. I am a mere certified amateur and intend on that never changing.

It seems like NY kids don't use official visits to UConn since its close, neither Samuel, Facey, or Omar used officials. Carrington wasn't an official visit during the summer either, but I named those guys first since they committed.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Why? The only difference between official and unofficial is that during an official visit the school can pay for lodging, meals and entertainment. Since he drove in for the day from NYC why would he even need any of those things.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It seems like NY kids don't use official visits to UConn since its close, neither Samuel, Facey, or Omar used officials. Carrington wasn't an official visit during the summer either, but I named those guys first since they committed.
Why would they? Save up the officials for trips that cost money.

Reaction Score
In all fairness Shaka Smart is still at VCU. Those boarded up buildings must look pretty good to him after receiving those other coaching offers. Shaka could be gone though soon if he doesn't real in Larrier. That's why VCU is very desperate to get him.

They do have a nice facility (Old Dominion's is even better, though), which maybe helps. You can maybe sneak in the back way past the least dumpy scenery.

Although truth be told, city kids won't be thrown off by bad neighborhoods.

Reaction Score

Not sure what you mean by Shaka will be gone IF he doesn't reel in Larrier. It's not like they'll fire him. He'll likely be gone from VCU regardless.

Reaction Score
Husky99, I know you heard he had a really good visit. Any other feedback since then?

Reaction Score
I thought a couple people on here had knowledge from good sources that the visit went very well...any updates on that? Getting less and less optimistic about getting some top flight guys although a month ago it seemed like we were in great shape for a bunch. Hope all of Ollie's time and effort isn't for naught!
The visit did go great. However, that's not from the recruit. The staffs and recruits perspectives may have been different. VCU has been his leader for a while. Like I said before if we get through the VCU visit without him committing we are looking better.

Reaction Score
It boggles the mind.
Shaka's gone soon, Gottfried can't coach, bizarre.

Reaction Score
You need to elaborate or keep some of these bullets to yourself Zionn! You're like a Debbie downer dude!

Zionn cuts through the bs.. some people that we talk to would like their names off these boards

Reaction Score
When you look back, the vast majority of our top recruits have been shooting guards and wings, Rudy Gay, Rip Hamilton, Ray Allen, Ben Gordon, Denham Brown, Rashad Anderson, Jerome Dyson, Kemba Walker, Caron Butler, Jeremy Lamb, Deandre Daniels, Omar Calhoun, Daniel Hamilton, etc.

The three PFs who are different are Donyell Marshall, Alex Oriakhi and Charlie Villanueva.

At center, our two top signees have been Andre Drummond and Andrew Bynum, and Bynum never played for UConn.

Instead, UConn has filled in that position over the years. Kentan Facey, Phil Nolan, Amida Brimah and hopefully Bonzie Colson can be the latest Freeman, Okafor, Thabeet, Boone, Armstrong, Tim Coles, Voskuhl, Cliff Robinson, Travis Knight, etc.

This sort of recruiting MO has become institutional by now. UConn is known as wing-U.

When you look at Ollie's 4 star recruits, Purvis and Hamilton, and then his big men recruits, Brimah and Facey, you see that the pattern and history are repeating themselves.

PG has been up and down with lightly recruited players (Ollie himself, Sheffer, Napier, Tate George, etc.) mixed in with highly recruited players (AJ Price, Taliek, Khalid El-amin). And you have a few midrange guys in there as well like Marcus Williams.

Reaction Score
You need to elaborate or keep some of these bullets to yourself Zionn! You're like a Debbie downer dude!

It looks like the Debbie Downer sequel w/99's response! LOL

I guess Brookelyn is not in the house after all to save the day even though "the staff" liked the Larrier visit per 99! :)

VCU losses Reddick, Shannon and Brandenberg after this year. They better hope they make the run of their life this year (which is very possible love the Briante Weber, Brandenberg, Reddick, Graham combo) because they have NO 5 for next year on the roster now or in the recruiting pipeline (Simmons ect ect...) Reddick is a beast and 1 of the big reasons people should be are very bullish on VCU this year. They have great fans and deserve to enjoy a great year. JMHO

Reaction Score
I like to think of it as managing expectations, but I'll bite my tongue and remain mum.

Thanks 99.

Reaction Score
I don't have any "expectations" just some hopes and quite honestly I understand the fact you want to keep the "names" off the boards. But wouldn't it be better not to say anything to those with "expectations" then not actually elaborate as to why or a percentage of hope? I mean you can do that without mentioning names...........I just think it's a little weak to say 2 words that's all, but that's just me!

I mean I like you as a poster so no biggie here.......but saying "don't get your hopes up" or "doubt it" or something like that is actually "biting you tongue" isn't it?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I like to think of it as managing expectations, but I'll bite my tongue and remain mum.

Thanks 99.

Don't mind Mauconnfan. He probably just had a bad day on the links, or else the waiting game that is recruiting is wearing him down a bit.

Who from among Abu, Snider, Robinson, White, Onuaku, Craig should we have our hopes up, or down for? My hopes for Oubre, Chatman,, Blackman are already low....

Appreciate your opinion, and definitely keep your sources nameless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom