Terry Larrier Injury | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Agreed. Development aside though, Larrier seems/seemed to be a level ahead of everyone else on the team up to this point though. Now that he's out, I have no idea who will be able to rebound consistently.
Stair - are you saying that TL was a rebounder??????
My heart and prayers go out to the kid - losing another year - the stupid NCAA rules, I don't think, will allow him a medical redshirt base d on the fact that he used a redshirt

Reaction Score
I mean a tear is basically a bad sprain so I wouldn't be skeptical. Until we hear otherwise, let's just be conservative in our freak-out and hope it was just a sprain. Does a tear typically result in just some ice? Don't guys typically not return to the bench in any capacity immediately after tearing an ACL? I get that we are in Maui and may not necessarily have all the diagnostic tools available right now but the response to the injury doesn't make it seem too serious.

But what do I know

In football, there are players who continued playing with a torn ACL.

I tore mine on Zermatt in Switzerland. There was no one around. So--I skiied down the run.

Reaction Score
I can tell you that as of about an hour ago, Terry's mother did not know the results.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think a medical redshirt is different.
Sitting out a year for any reason (I believe a Mormon mission is an exception) is a red shirt. The NCAA seldom grants a sixth year waiver and I've never heard of one where both lost years were not due to injury. Technically there is the possibility that they will give him the waiver (if he applies for one) but in the same vein, technically we can still win out this year and get our fifth title, finishing something like 36-3.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Horde- he's out for the year with ACL

Reaction Score
Well I hope we can develop our bench since everybody is going to have to play effectively for us to have a chance of making the NCAA Tourney. This and potential AG news makes me sad but we still have good core of players left to do some special things this year.

Reaction Score
Depending on Gilbert's status, this year sort of turns into what 12-13 was, a building and development year except there's the potential for postseason reward. It's terrible for Purvis and Brimah, but going into next year both are replaceable parts. With a healthy roster next fall and the experience the guards and forwards can get this year, we have a great opportunity to be very strong. Of course, that depends on none of the underclassmen making ridiculous decisions to leave early. Barring meteoric rises this season, no one on this roster is ready to go pro early.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Not familiar with the exact redshirt criteria but him and potentially Gilbert better qualify...you never know with the NCAA

Reaction Score
Who's Larrier?

(Kidding - this sucks.) Season just got harder.

Reaction Score
Wow....kid sits out a year to play at UConn and 4 games in season is over...really feel bad for him. He may have been NBA bound at the end of the season and now those dreams are on hold. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he has a monster year for UConn in 2017-2018 and then is able to pursue his dreams if he chooses to.

Reaction Score
Damnit. I saw it and knew, but I was hoping it wasn't the case.

I've seen that knee buckle far too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom