Terry Larrier Injury | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He was looking like our best player too, regardless of what the wackos on here said. He was the only consistent scorer and rebounder we had, and he was clearly adjusting back to playing the game again.

The ACL tears are killing this game. Kids getting them younger, athletes ruining their careers in ways that weren't happening in the past. I've read some studies on it, but there's not any super definitive answers on why.

I hope he takes his time recovering, roots like h ell for his teammates and comes back next year ready to kick some.

Good luck to you Terry.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Sorry Terry. Sorry Seniors. This has got to suck for them.
What a tough year so far.
I think we will see AG back soon (Syracuse). Unless he decides on another surgery.

Reaction Score
Sorry Terry. Sorry Seniors. This has got to suck for them.
What a tough year so far.
I think we will see AG back soon (Syracuse). Unless he decides on another surgery.

Oz said he's applying for medical redshirt. He's usually pretty on top of things.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Seeking solace in memes :(
58753678.jpg

image.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm afraid you mean Gilbert not Larrier. True?

Yeah sorry. Too many injuries I can't keep them straight.

Larrier isn't getting another year off according to the rules if I'm not mistaken.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It is conceivably possible to get the sixth year. Case Keenum got it at Houston. He was a voluntary redshirt his freshman year, and was injured early enough in the 2010 season, second game I believe, to apply for the medical redshirt, but the 2011 season was going to be his sixth. You have to apply to the NCAA for it. I have no idea what the criteria are. The consensus on Keenum seemed to be they granted it because he was fairly high profile. That doesn't seem like a very good reason for granting it, but we all know the NCAA operates in an arbitrary and capricious manner, so anything may be possible.

Reaction Score
The rule is you have to prove original redshirt was for medical purposes. So if you redshirt one year just to mature, then you get injured down the road, youve already blown your red shirt. However, if you redshirt due to injury and then get injured again, you can get granted an additional year of eligibility.

From cuse nation, sorry about larrier. Hate to see any young man injured and a team not at full strength. I wish the man the best man in his recovery.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, Dylan Ennis for Oregon is on his 6th year and third college, having medically redshirted last year and sitting out the 2012-2013 year after moving from Rice to Nova

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The rule is you have to prove original redshirt was for medical purposes. So if you redshirt one year just to mature, then you get injured down the road, youve already blown your red shirt. However, if you redshirt due to injury and then get injured again, you can get granted an additional year of eligibility.

From cuse nation, sorry about larrier. Hate to see any young man injured and a team not at full strength. I wish the man the best man in his recovery.

That's the standard rule, yes, but you can apply for a waiver to grant the sixth year.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Typical NCAA b.s.. His coach leaves so the guy has to sit a year (coach is fee to peruse bigger dollars). Kid gets hurt so he's screwed again. But they let him beg for a waiver that seems arbitrary.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah sorry. Too many injuries I can't keep them straight.

Larrier isn't getting another year off according to the rules if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Well I hope we can develop our bench since everybody is going to have to play effectively for us to have a chance of making the NCAA Tourney. This and potential AG news makes me sad but we still have good core of players left to do some special things this year.
I love your optimism. In one sense of the word, this team certainly is "special".

Reaction Score
Did anyone think Larrier was going to play 3 years with us anyway? Why does it matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom