Terrible break for EDD | The Boneyard

Terrible break for EDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Concussion. Likely will miss the All-Star game on Saturday.

LINK

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Concussion. Likely will miss the All-Star game on Saturday.

LINK
Bummer for her, but R&R should make her good to go for the 2nd half of the season! I think she's a shoe-in for ROY, and on the short list for MVP so far...

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She should be good to go for the next Sky game on the 2nd. Watched the game yesterday, and the refs really let Washington beat up on her, hardly called anything. Not saying that that is what resulted in her getting an concussion.

Just a shame for her, her fans, and the league as she was the lead vote getting for the ASG. :(

Hopefully she'll be well rested and good to go for the second half of the season.

Reaction Score
hope she gets to take part in the festivities. She has earned an all star weekend.

side note anyone know when they announce the replacements for the injured all stars? Still hoping Tina Thompson will somehow be added!

Reaction Score
Is the rule, "No go for the next game - regardless" or "so many" days or could she be cleared (by a Doc) if she's recovered?

Reaction Score
I dunno "terrible break" would be if she were out for the rest of the season. In my book this is small potatoes "bummer".

Reaction Score
hope she gets to take part in the festivities. She has earned an all star weekend.

side note anyone know when they announce the replacements for the injured all stars? Still hoping Tina Thompson will somehow be added!

According to an AP report Griner will be replaced by Tina Thompson.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I dunno "terrible break" would be if she were out for the rest of the season. In my book this is small potatoes "bummer".
Thanks vowel. You never fail to disappoint. Kid is the first rookie to be the leading ASG vote recipient and she can't play. But so what, right?

Reaction Score
Thanks vowel. You never fail to disappoint. Kid is the first rookie to be the leading ASG vote recipient and she can't play. But so what, right?

If the worst thing that ever happened to someone was that she couldn't play in an all-star game I'd say that person has led a blessed life. There a zillion more difficult things -- some of which she's already experienced -- I assume she'll be able to put this in perspective.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
If the worst thing that ever happened to someone was that she couldn't play in an all-star game I'd say that person has led a blessed life. There a zillion more difficult things -- some of which she's already experienced -- I assume she'll be able to put this in perspective.
Yeah, whatever. It is still a "terrible break". Put yourself in her shoes....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dang, vg, clearly it is a bad break if pap describes it as terrible we're talking degrees not whether or not is unfortunate. EDD has been having an excellent rookie campaign. The fans recognized it and now because of an injury she can't fulfill the opportunity. That is an unfortunate or bad break.

Reaction Score
Bummer. With Elena and Brittany out my tickets for the all star game have been devalued considerably.

Reaction Score
I agree with vowel. Not a "terrible break." She'll be in another 10+. This is an exhibition game in which she'll have many more opportunities.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Once again, BG's absence allows a veteran a bit of a swan song. If she had to miss the game I'm glad that it led to Thompson getting to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom