2022 Recruiting: Terrence Shannon Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
This would be a great addition.

Reaction Score
Yes, yes, and yes. But he's from Illinois and is probably going to end up going back home
Never say never. At the very least, it's exciting to see us in the mix of one of the elite transfers.

Tyrese Martin vibes for sure, but Rese is a better rebounder while Shannon is a better passer. At the next level, Shannon projects as a three-and-D guy, so my guess is at his next school he wants to expand his game.

Reaction Score
Coming out of high school he was an athletic player who wasn't a shooter. But in the last 2 years he looks like he's improved his shooting. 30-84, 35.7%, from three his sophomore year. 33-86, 38.4%, from three this past season. But that's relatively low volume for a wing.

Reaction Score
Seems like Illinois is probably the favorite. I'm not super familiar with his game but the low rebounding numbers concern me a bit - what role would he play for us? Need Hawkins to start at the 2 next year...and AJ will start at the 3. I guess you could slide AJ to the 4 and Shannon could start at the 3, but we would need him to bang a little bit more on the boards for that to work.

Reaction Score
I'm not super familiar with his game but the low rebounding numbers concern me a bit - what role would he play for us? Need Hawkins to start at the 2 next year...and AJ will start at the 3. I guess you could slide AJ to the 4 and Shannon could start at the 3, but we would need him to bang a little bit more on the boards for that to work.
agreed. or AJ starts at the point, hawk at the 2, shannon at the 3....idk.

xclamations

Portal Kombat III
Reaction Score
Rather have a pg who can create his own shot & facilitate first

Reaction Score
Illinois and Kentucky favorites.

Also, Ajax is not a Pg. He can bring the ball up and run the offense with another ball handler on the floor but if it’s just him as only one handling the ball then expect a lot of turnovers. His handle isnt Pg solid. It’s solid for his size but he ain’t breaking down anyone. Play full court in your face man and he is picking up his dribble.

We need a PG who can handle. I think Diggins should be ready for more time. Seen him play. He needs reps as he is not short on confidence, he’s a talker. He was a 4 star recruit who made all star teams. Give him a summer he will be ready. If not he will be ready to be back up behind a transfer but will fight for time.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Is he a guard and can he handle the ball and shoot???
Not a prototypical PG for sure. A/TO ratio barely on positive side. Averages 25 minutes now, and less than that in first 2 years, so would give minutes for bench to develop.

Reaction Score
If this guy wants to come, you don't worry about positions or playing times. He's been on the NBA radar for a few years now. Was a bit banged up last year, but he's athletic, can shot, and started for a top 10 team.

Reaction Score
I really don’t think AJ can be a permanent PG yet…can he run the point a bit? Sure. But I don’t feel comfortable with him as the PG without another true PG on the floor.
lets say we got shannon. that would mean hawk is our 2, shannon is our 3 and sanogo is our 5. so is it better for aj to play the 1 or 4?

i agree we should bring in a pure PG and stick AJ at the 4 even if it's not a natural fit. he's a great rebounder and we still have samson, akok, and karaban that will get PT at that spot. we need more Gs not Fs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom