Terrence Samuel | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you need to get to the hoop or get fouled I like how Terrence approaches things.

Reaction Score
Based on how he played his freshman year if he continues to improve he absolutely can be a starter for us. Sometimes HS rankings don't get it right. This kid shows no fear and came through for us in key situations.

Reaction Score
Terrence is a nice role player. With so many guys thinking score he comes in and moves the ball. Don't think he will ever be a star, or even a starter.

I also love Cassrll knockdown shooter with good size for a guard. With Samuels, Cassell, Boatright, Hamilton and Purvis I just don't see any minutes for Omar.
Totally unfair to not think he will ever be a starter

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This thread reminded me of the Kenton Facey one from a few weeks ago---only difference here no one thinks TSam cannot contribute...contrast that w the Facey one where many wondered what his role is & if he can contribute this year.
Hope Facey comes on strong....damn we are loaded this year !

Part of the reason for more optimism towards TSam is that he actually played and contributed down the stretch. There's less "projecting" since he's got more on film.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
i'm high on samuel by why the hell is this thread so long. in my opinion he is almost an unknown. he had moments of brilliance in limited PT in big games, performed well. i need to see him full time. does he have the feel for the game where he can control it for two halves ? people will start scout his hesi dribble to the rack.one thing i love is he kinda hoops like a euro guard,really moves the rock on the perimeter. great iq and vision. needs afloater. a true pg. thats why i'm baffled by the purvis comps.,
I always get a kick when someone complains about a thread (topic) and then does something undermining their own criticism.

Was the omission of the question mark sloppy grammar or did you intend the statement to be rhetorical? Either way your response not only increased the length of the thread but was stated in a manner to generate additional length. Well done James!:)

I'm in the camp that enjoys reading everyone's projections but takes the position that we will know the answer in the proverbial 20 minutes. Only death and taxes are a certainty when it comes to projections and I'm not sure about death.

Reaction Score
I always get a kick when someone complains about a thread (topic) and then does something undermining their own criticism.

Was the omission of the question mark sloppy grammar or did you intend the statement to be rhetorical? Either way your response not only increased the length of the thread but was stated in a manner to generate additional length. Well done James!:)

I'm in the camp that enjoys reading everyone's projections but takes the position that we will know the answer in the proverbial 20 minutes. Only death and taxes are a certainty when it comes to projections and I'm not sure about death.

I sent a water balloon over towards James :)!

Reaction Score
It's Boat's team and there has been a lot of talk about the newbies Purvis and Hamilton but Samuel is someone I don't feel is mentioned enough and I'm very excited about him. The kid was money down the stretch last season, he provided tons of energy off the bench with his scoring, ballhandling and fearless play. It's not often that a freshman seizes the big stage like that, especially an unheralded one. By the end of the year he also became a knock down ft shooter and played pretty dynamite defense. I think he had a similar freshman Shabazz like effect on the team, you could see how much they rallied around him especially after the Iowa State game. Shabazz has even talked about how much Terrence reminds him of himself as a frosh with his non-stop talking and almost having too much energy. It's Boat's team but I also see Terrence being a leader in just his sophomore season, I know he will become a Husky fan favorite.
i'd go back a littler further and say John Gwynn...

Reaction Score
It's becoming really obvious we should quite comparing TSam to anyone!:eek:

Reaction Score
Totally unfair to not think he will ever be a starter

The second Jalen Adams steps on campus he's a better player than Samuels. That's just reality. The level we recruit at he will most likely always be recruited over.

Reaction Score
Samuel can be a starter. He can be a bigger better Taliek Brown. A kid who can run the offense and drive when the opening presents itself. And with his size he can defend and rebound. But of course that outside J. limits what he can do. So starting is not assured at all for him.

Reaction Score
The second Jalen Adams steps on campus he's a better player than Samuels. That's just reality. The level we recruit at he will most likely always be recruited over.
Completely false. You are assuming Tsam will not improve, and that Jalen won't even need to adjust to the college game

Reaction Score
Completely false. You are assuming Tsam will not improve, and that Jalen won't even need to adjust to the college game

It's entirely possible that Adams is an impact freshman beyond the talent ceiling of a guy like Samuel.

Reaction Score
Samuel can be a starter. He can be a bigger better Taliek Brown. A kid who can run the offense and drive when the opening presents itself. And with his size he can defend and rebound. But of course that outside J. limits what he can do. So starting is not assured at all for him.
I think this is a pretty good assessment of the situation. I think he could be a starter down the road but the best situation for the team is if they recruit better players and he becomes a fantastic first guard off the bench.

Reaction Score
Adams is a starter. Tsam could start too who knows. If we strike out on briscoe/newman then tsam is by default sharing the backcourt with adams. Don't see it being cassell, not explosive enough. I see cassell jr playing like rashad, excellent spot up shooter. some more ball handling too off the bench. No point in arguing the depth chart two years from now, these are all great pieces.

Reaction Score
but not "the day he steps on campus"

It's absolutely possible... and in fact its quite probable. Saying "completely false" is a strong statement. As much as we all like TSam, Adams is a transcendent talent.

Reaction Score
It's absolutely possible... and in fact its quite probable. Saying "completely false" is a strong statement. As much as we all like TSam, Adams is a transcendent talent.
Agree to disagree

Reaction Score
but not "the day he steps on campus"

Oh it's possible, not a given mind you, but certainly more than possible looking at skill sets. But you can't look past hard work and knowing the system, and a head slap from KO. It's up in the air........long way to go let's get through 14-15 before we proclaim starters the next year huh :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom