Terrence Samuel is a Nittany Lion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel is a Nittany Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think we win the title in 14 without him.

Yet he's not good enough to play in the B1G.

Ok.

Ok let's think about this. We saw glimpses of him in 2014, he did some great things for us in small windows of opportunity. We saw these same impact type plays very few times in much larger windows of opportunity last year right? if you saw something different minus a couple of games then you weren't watching. Expectations were up there due to his limited success in the tourney the prior year. And my reply does NOT say "he can't play in the B10" unless i missed something?

If you think he'll be a real good player in B10 games then let's wait and see. And if you think he's more suited for PSU than Iona then that's your opinion. Me, I hardly doubt he's a star for any of them that's not his game. But he would certainly have more impact and minutes at Iona/Drexel than he will at PSU. He may get minutes at PSU but only if they did a crappy job recruiting guards.

Reaction Score
Good for TS, a great kid, he's going to add a lot of positives in the locker room and I think he'll surprise people offensively. Hope he does extremely well as a Lion. Hopefully we'll play him in a conference game in a few years.

Reaction Score
Ok let's think about this. We saw glimpses of him in 2014, he did some great things for us in small windows of opportunity. We saw these same impact type plays very few times in much larger windows of opportunity last year right? if you saw something different minus a couple of games then you weren't watching. Expectations were up there due to his limited success in the tourney the prior year. And my reply does NOT say "he can't play in the B10" unless i missed something?

If you think he'll be a real good player in B10 games then let's wait and see. And if you think he's more suited for PSU than Iona then that's your opinion. Me, I hardly doubt he's a star for any of them that's not his game. But he would certainly have more impact and minutes at Iona/Drexel than he will at PSU. He may get minutes at PSU but only if they did a crappy job recruiting guards.

Your post heavily implies that he can't play in the B1G. TSam is what he is. He's never going to be a great player you want with the ball in the closing seconds. But he had a role here (helped us win a NC). He saw the writing on the wall with Gibbs, Purvis, and Adams coming in and opted to go elsewhere. I don't think the B1G will be too big of a stage for him.

He deserves more respect than being labeled an Iona type level player. That's all I'm saying.

Reaction Score
Your post heavily implies that he can't play in the B1G. TSam is what he is. He's never going to be a great player you want with the ball in the closing seconds. But he had a role here (helped us win a NC). He saw the writing on the wall with Gibbs, Purvis, and Adams coming in and opted to go elsewhere. I don't think the B1G will be too big of a stage for him.

He deserves more respect than being labeled an Iona type level player. That's all I'm saying.

He can play at UConn as a back up, maybe 4th-5th guard but he wants more PT. Maybe he will get more at PSU due to numbers I don't know. Iona-type? How about he'd be a better player in that type of competition and he would. Hey he has a year to improve the many things that need improvement. Maybe he becomes something he wasn't or didn't look like he was going to be? No one knows but if you don't think KO had a conversation with him communicating much of the same then you're missing the boat. His game is that of a solid 3rd (PSu not UConn) guard there unless they are just not that good. Maybe he saw something in the future that worked for him I hope so. But what's wrong with being a real nice player at Iona or Drexel? I mean maybe those type schools deserve a little more respect from you?

Oh and let me say we more than likely do not win a title without him, forever grateful for him being part of that equation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Congrats TSam. Wish you the best in the rest of career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom