Terrence Samuel given release from Penn St | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel given release from Penn St

Reaction Score
Why do we need 5 guards? That's ridiculous. If Gilbert gets hurt again we have Makai we can handle the ball and take pressure off Adams who had no one like that to help him this year. 4 Guards are plenty especially since I believe Adams will play around 30 plus minutes a game anyway.

Reaction Score
Yeah I talked to Terrence and asked if he was coming back and he said "I wish"
Hope he finds a good landing spot

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I was a big T Sam fan when he was here. We certainly could have used him this past season as well.

If it's a debate between Samuel and not using the scholarship, I would take Sameul.

I would be concerned though as a Senior how he would respond to getting little to no PT. I wouldn't think he'd become a distraction, but for 1 year, it's maybe not worth the risk.

Hope he lands at a place he can start.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah I talked to Terrence and asked if he was coming back and he said "I wish"
Hope he finds a good landing spot
Makes me feel bad for him, guess he regrets leaving.

Reaction Score
Oz said it's not happening. The way he said it it sounds like Tsam was interested in coming back and contacted the staff to guage interst and the staff probably told him he wasn't a fit.

Did he use the suggested "Chief filter"
It's best we wait for Chiefs declaration on this.

Reaction Score
It's a highlight reel.

He just got run off at Penn State.
I think it's sort of telling that the second highlight in his highlight reel is a wide-open three pointer that went off the backboard and luckily went in.

Reaction Score
Are we in a position to throw stones at Penn State at the moment? Are we that much better? At least they're in the BIG10.
Yes we are in a position to throw stones at PSU, and yes we are in a MUCH better position than them. Do you follow college basketball? This post is up there, even for BY standards.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
If he wants to come back as a situational defensive guard and provide team leadership with no promise of playing time , it would be ok. He's 6'3" and strong so I can see KO occasionally saying " Terrance I need you to guard this kid and shut him down". The problem with that is Vital would probably be good at doing that next year and provide better scoring.

C

Chief00

Did he use the suggested "Chief filter"
It's best we wait for Chiefs declaration on this.
TSam was one of the fairly smart, fun and likable guys on the team. From a coach's perspective he can't shoot and I agree give Vital those minutes. The other thing is it became a pattern recruits did not commit after being hosted by TSam despite his fun personality. Was that internal negative recruiting to protect playing time? Or was it just bad luck? After he left recruiting picked up with Mr Bunkey scoring one win after another with 2 grad transfers and 5 FR. I would rather use the scholarship on a Big or shooter.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
TSam was one of the fairly smart, fun and likable guys on the team. From a coach's perspective he can't shoot and I agree give Vital those minutes. The other thing is it became a pattern recruits did not commit after being hosted by TSam despite his fun personality. Was that internal negative recruiting to protect playing time? Or was it just bad luck? After he left recruiting picked up with Mr Bunkey scoring one win after another with 2 grad transfers and 5 FR. I would rather use the scholarship on a Big or shooter.

Bunky didn't score any wins. Our coaches did.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
And what's our batting average after Mr Bunkey left? Night and day.

Bunky had absolutely nothing to do with it. Pure coincidence. Ollie and Glen Miller, the coaches whom you make up lies about like a whiny 5-year-old child, locked those recruits up. You have absolutely no way of providing any evidence to back up your claims. All you do is spin falsehoods and fictions in a pathetic attempt to get people to like and respect you.

Reaction Score
Bunky had absolutely nothing to do with it. Pure coincidence. Ollie and Glen Miller, the coaches whom you make up lies about like a whiny 5-year-old child, locked those recruits up. You have absolutely no way of providing any evidence to back up your claims. All you do is spin falsehoods and fictions in a pathetic attempt to get people to like and respect you.

Sounds familiar

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
He could drive on anyone. Hope he ends up in a good spot.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Sounds familiar

I don't know what's more pathetic, the fact that Chief lies through his teeth about his supposed "insider" status on a message board, or that he bases these lies around personal conflicts with program figures that are more appropriate for little girls in a schoolyard.

C

Chief00

If so, what happened to the success rate?

Glen Miller's strip club dancing is a nice joke after winning a NC - but it's not a fun night out for an eighteen year old.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Yep it must be Glen Miller's strip club dancing.

Just as much evidence exists to support that notion as does for your hare-brained Bunky hypothesis...

Your Miller hatred is laughable. Please seek help. The rest of us are here for serious discussion of the program, not teenage drama and histrionics.

Reaction Score
Love the kid but if we take him back it shows just how low this program has fallen. I mean seriously we cant find anyone that wants to come here that can ball besides him?

Reaction Score
I love TSam and he made some nice contributions to our '14 run but this is crazy if we give him a scholarship. Find a damn player who can contribute to what we need next year, a 3 point shooter or a big. Thought this thread was a joke at first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom