Terrence Samuel, B.A.B. Invitational | The Boneyard

Terrence Samuel, B.A.B. Invitational

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: UConn Recruit Samuel Hits Game-Winner Against Aquille Carr's Team http://post original url/F8mYXkZS @TsamuelUconn

He made the game winning layup. He also said last in the article that he thinks Khadeen Carrington a 2014 SG will commit soon.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow what a good kid.....his quotes point to a great kid, excited to wear the uni and recruiting others who may even play the position to join him. Contacted Brimah too, kid's a treat!!!

Reaction Score
Seems like Samuel may be bringing a friend? Sounds good to me.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Talked to Samuel last night. He's really excited about the future.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: UConn Recruit Samuel Hits Game-Winner Against Aquille Carr's Team http://post original url/F8mYXkZS @TsamuelUconn

He made the game winning layup. He also said last in the article that he thinks Khadeen Carrington a 2014 SG will commit soon.
Anyone seen carrington play?

how will a commit from him affect our chances with ahmed hill and jared terrell/abu combo?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Anyone seen carrington play?

how will a commit from him affect our chances with ahmed hill and jared terrell/abu combo?

If I remember correctly he is supposed to commit after the high school season. I just wish we had some kids from 2014 commit, I want to have a picture on what the class will look like. It's up in the air right now.

Reaction Score
If I remember correctly he is supposed to commit after the high school season. I just wish we had some kids from 2014 commit, I want to have a picture on what the class will look like. It's up in the air right now.
It would be nice to get things going early for a change.

I'm just really hoping we pick up ahmed hill...I work with a lot of NC state alums and they are talking like they're really going after him, and I'd hate to see us lose another big time guard to them.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
It would be nice to get things going early for a change.

I'm just really hoping we pick up ahmed hill...I work with a lot of NC state alums and they are talking like they're really going after him, and I'd hate to see us lose another big time guard to them.

I wouldn't be surprised if this class is a hit or miss type deal. Hill is a very good player, but I really don't see Abu/Terrell coming here if Hill commits. Carrington is a separate issue. I just hope we get a big-time frontcourt body. Jahlil Okafor would be sensational, but realistic? Probably not.

caw

Reaction Score
It seems UConn doesn't recruit a ton of guys with decent highlight clips*. Lol. Carrington is good, a bit skinny but pretty smooth with the ball. Shot is inconsistent, but decent form.

EDIT: I haven't seen him play in over a year so it's a bit fuzzy.

EDIT: * I mean Carrington doesn't have much video out there, Samuel doesn't have a ton and even Faacry and Brimah have only a bit. Daniels didn't have much.

Reaction Score
Carrington is from New York, and needless to say with our uncertain future keeping that NY pipeline open is crucial. But yeah he is a 4* with I think a dozen and a half offers and another 5 or so schools with interest in him. Michigan State is after him too apparently and like how their guards play, except against UConn.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if this class is a hit or miss type deal. Hill is a very good player, but I really don't see Abu/Terrell coming here if Hill commits. Carrington is a separate issue. I just hope we get a big-time frontcourt body. Jahlil Okafor would be sensational, but realistic? Probably not.
I agree. the general consensus around here seems to be hill>terrell, but hill<<terrell/abu (and we desperately need some big bodies as you mentioned). Okafor would be the ultimate get for 2014, but ending up with someone like chukwu seems more likely. Only problem there is that leaves us with a lot of project bigs (nolan, facey, abu, chukwu). Granted, all of them can give some fouls and get some rebounds/blocks we're still going to be almost completely dependent on guard play for offense.

Reaction Score

Samuels looks like a real steal, seems very underrated based on his athleticism and skill level. #5 dark blue

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Yeah, Samuel is very underrated. He had offers from Louisville, Pitt, Villanova, and Cincy so he is no slouch. What I like the most about his game is his ability to drive the lane and create looks for bigs down low. He can also finish at the rim with both hands in addition to his ability to rise up and dunk.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I always like to hear that we are continuing to do well in NYC. Get them all here!!!

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Plus there's something to be said, about Wanting to be at UConn with your whole Heart & Soul. Kinda like Ollie.

Reaction Score
Plus there's something to be said, about Wanting to be at UConn with your whole Heart & Soul. Kinda like Ollie.

Kevin Ollie agrees with you!
On Samuel, who will play against New Jersey’s Pope John XXIII at 6 p.m. on Monday, Ollie said: “Terrence is going to be a solid guard for us. He’s a big guard, 6-foot-3 and 200 pounds and chisled as a rock. He makespeople around him better. He’s a great passer, great vision, gets people open shots. And he’s got a great smile, great enthusiasm about the game. He’s not going to be a guy who come in here and dazzles you – one and done, he’s not that. But kind of like me, he’ll just matriculate his way through the system, and continue to get better. I think the sky’s the limit for the kid, because he works exceptionally hard.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom