Terp Classic--EDD et al. | The Boneyard

Terp Classic--EDD et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
FYI:

COLLEGE PARK, Md. - After a 17-day break from games, the fifth-ranked Maryland women's basketball team will return to action Wednesday with a noon game vs. Lafayette in the annual Terrapin Classic.

The Terps (11-0) and the Leopards (4-7) will play in the Comcast Center in the first game of the tournament. East Carolina (6-4) will take on No. 20 Delaware (9-0) in the second game of the day, which will start at approximately 2:30 p.m.

On Thursday, the Terrapins will play either the Pirates or the Blue Hens at 7 p.m., while the Leopards will play either one at 4:30 p.m.

Danny will be there both days. If Delaware wins today, I'll be at Thursday's matchup with Maryland. ESPN.com will have some info. Hopefully, Danny can provide some local color.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
Can't find a free site to watch online. Anyone have any success? Don't feel like paying UMD $10 to watch a computer streamed game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In game 1, the Terps are routing a badly overmatched Lafayette (my son's alma mater) team, 49-13 just before halftime. Lafayette is shooting 12.5% and getting outrebounded 28-9. Ugh!

How good are the Terps? We should get some idea tomorrow. I expect Delaware to compete with them. The Blue Hens added a number of transfers to surround EDD with some decent talent. Maryland has loads of talent and is playing well, even showing signs of playing defense. However, they have played only 1 ranked team so far, beating G'town by about 20 before the Hoyas righted the ship.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
51-13 at the half. Balanced scoring for Maryland. Not much scoring for Lafayette. :(

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Delaware won the first half by 35-10, but is losing the second half. Still, they are up by 21 and will win.

My guess is that the UDel starters are resting. Elena has 22 points, 7 below her average. She also missed a FT. :(

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Delaware won by a score of 60-40.

So tomorrow, it will be Brenda, Elena, Ernie, Danny, and Milford. :)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If Delaware is able to beat Maryland, I would bet they'll be at least a 3 or 4 seed in Rhode Island.

Reaction Score
Elena had to put in 30 minutes and the bench was terrible offensively. I don't claim to be an expert on either team; but, I think that Maryland will slaughter Delaware. However, a decent showing by Delaware would assure a spot in the NCAA's, and perhaps answer two ESPN prayers: Uconn vs. Tenn. and Delaware.

As an aside, I was trying to think of a player who could match up against Elena defensively. Uconn has a young lady coming in next year...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Delaware is able to beat Maryland, I would bet they'll be at least a 3 or 4 seed in Rhode Island.

Im torn. I have nothing but disdain for everything associated with the Univ of MD.... yet as an ACC fan.... we need another out of conference win over a ranked opponent. They have been few and far between. That said... I would expect MD to take Delaware behind the woodshed and administer a whipping of at least 20 points.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
IF Delaware beats Maryland tomorrow, they could go undefeated for the rest of the season??? That would be something! Looking at their schedule after the Maryland game, its possible.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
IF Delaware beats Maryland tomorrow, they could go undefeated for the rest of the season??? That would be something! Looking at their schedule after the Maryland game, its possible.
Undefeated until they play UConn in Kingston.

I think they have a chance tomorrow, but they need a halfcourt game and their best effort.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Does Maryland have anyone to slow down EDD? I don't think so. If they double or triple her, she's a good passer and can find teammates for easy baskets. If they don't well it's game over. Should be a really good game...hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom