TENN'S SENIOR CLASS | The Boneyard

TENN'S SENIOR CLASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll admit when Pat signed up this # 1 ranked Senior class 4 years ago, I was very worried.
Thought for sure they'd be headed to at least a few Final Fours and more. Now I'm not so sure if they'll make at least 1 Final Four. I expect them to still make it this year, but it won't be easy or a sure thing.

If they were to win a Championship this year, all would be forgiven in Knoxville. Would they dare ever be called or considered Underachievers. Wasn't there also a # 1 ranked and recruited class at Iowa with Bridgeport's Nadine Diamond that never made it to a Final Four. But I think that class was hit hard with injuries. Tangela Smith finally showed off her talent in the WNBA.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The problem is that these class rankings don't emphasize how big a deal it is to get the mythical "six star" players. Glory Johnson was a top-five national player coming out of high school, but she wasn't Maya Moore. If I get Maya and you get three other top 10-15 ranked players, your class will be ranked ahead of mine, but whose class would you rather have? That's what I thought.

As it turned out, that 2008 class for Tennessee had a ton of talent, but no game changing kinds of players. You can win an NC without such a player (see TAMU last year), but it's a lot easier when you've got them.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The problem with TN was they had all those AAs out of HS and they all played the same positions. No good guards and no point guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox
Top Bottom