Tennessee | The Boneyard

Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMHO the only hope they have against Baylor is if they can stay red hot from the perimeter.
Spani, Simmons and Mesangale would all have to knock down 3's.
Don't see it happening but would love for them to make the game interesting.

Reaction Score
Win or lose not many before season expected Tennessee to be here.

Absolutely. Now that she's had the chance to edge her way a bit out of Pat's shadow, Holly's done an outstanding job. Certainly much more impressive than I anticipated.

There's nothing I'd love to see more this year than a Huskies-LVs title game.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

True! Great season overall to this point. Looking good for next year, I hate to say, esp with MR coming in. Should be tough.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Now it looks like Tenn is going to the Final Four as I don't see Louisville coming back from their emotional high to play a good game Tuesday night. If Tenn does get to the Final Four, then they're probably the favorite going into a game against Georgia and probably Cal too. Can easily see Tenn in the National Championship game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Walz said last night that there was no pressure on his team. He was right and they played that way. Jump shots are easier to make when players aren't feeling the pressure of the moment. Tuesday night will be a different story. The pressure is now on his team to follow that amazing upset with a win to get to the FF. If Louisville doesn't win, well then its historic upset will mean a lot less. I'm sure that will be one of the messages to his team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Now it looks like Tenn is going to the Final Four as I don't see Louisville coming back from their emotional high to play a good game Tuesday night. If Tenn does get to the Final Four, then they're probably the favorite going into a game against Georgia and probably Cal too. Can easily see Tenn in the National Championship game.
Personally I would rather see Baylor win the whole thing than TN make the FF, let alone get to the NC game.

Reaction Score
Personally I would rather see Baylor win the whole thing than TN make the FF, let alone get to the NC game.
Baylor losing improves UConn's chances for the NC, but also improves TN's chance to make the final 4. Mixed emotions watching the game. It was like watching your mother in law drive over a cliff in your brand new Rolls Royce.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Baylor losing improves UConn's chances for the NC, but also improves TN's chance to make the final 4. Mixed emotions watching the game. It was like watching your mother in law drive over a cliff in your brand new Rolls Royce.
Very humorously put.

(however I do have a wonderful mother-in-law :) and I don't have Rolls :( ....so .........)

Reaction Score
Walz said last night that there was no pressure on his team. He was right and they played that way. Jump shots are easier to make when players aren't feeling the pressure of the moment. Tuesday night will be a different story. The pressure is now on his team to follow that amazing upset with a win to get to the FF. If Louisville doesn't win, well then its historic upset will mean a lot less. I'm sure that will be one of the messages to his team.

Whether or not they advance depends on which Louisville team shows up? If its the same one that beat Baylor, they will destroy Tennessee. Their players have the hot hand right now. And I think their key players will stay out of foul trouble or at least not foul out against the Vols. Advaantage Louisville.

Reaction Score

You may wind up in the NC the way things are evolving...I'd suggest you all start praying you take advantage of the opportunity you have for the program to take a huge bounce...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Simmons v Schimmel. This match-up will be must-see TV. Each is capable of putting up dreadful shooting numbers. Simmons did so yesterday (1-15) but it didn't matter because Ellenberger matched it with her own dreadful shooting (5-21). Shoni hit 5-8 from beyond the arc.

Simmons will be looking to make up for yesterday's performance and won't be able to resist the one-on-one battle with Shoni.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Simmons will be looking to make up for yesterday's performance and won't be able to resist the one-on-one battle with Shoni.

then my money is on Shoni - if she doesn't get two technicals and thrown out. Seriously....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I'm really skeptical that UL will be able to sustain momentum after such a monumental win. Maybe if it had been the regional final and they had time to digest it and recover. But in 2 days? I see UT taking care of them, and 3-pointers not falling (for UL).

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
IMO it is all on Walz.....He needs to do for his team for this game what he did for the Baylor game. HOw well does he know Tennessee? Did he prepare?

We shall see

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm really skeptical that UL will be able to sustain momentum after such a monumental win. Maybe if it had been the regional final and they had time to digest it and recover. But in 2 days? I see UT taking care of them, and 3-pointers not falling (for UL).
Kinda my feeling too. :(

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I believe that the outcome of the Louisville Tennessee game is on Walz. Obviously he had them well prepared for Baylor. Can he dig down now and find the same or similar motivation to focus his team on Tennessee's vulnerabilities, and corral his team to be emotionally disciplined enough to go against Tennessee's press and come out with a victory?

Time will tell. It would be quite a feat if he did.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I believe that the outcome of the Louisville Tennessee game is on Walz. Obviously he had them well prepared for Baylor. Can he dig down now and find the same or similar motivation to focus his team on Tennessee's vulnerabilities, and corral his team to be emotionally disciplined enough to go against Tennessee's press and come out with a victory?

Time will tell. It would be quite a feat if he did.

I will say that if he manages to turn the game into "street ball" again and the Cardinals come out on top, ol' Rocky Top might well turn into Krackatoa (complete with hot orange lava running down the sides after the initial cataclysmic explosion)

mayon_volcano_eruption_by_night.jpg

Reaction Score
I will say that if he manages to turn the game into "street ball" again and the Cardinals come out on top, ol' Rocky Top might well turn into Krackatoa (complete with hot orange lava running down the sides after the initial cataclysmic explosion)

Resisting Hillbilly Krack jokes... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01