Tennessee v. Oregon State at 9PM on PAC12 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tennessee v. Oregon State at 9PM on PAC12

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Just starting to watch the game replay. The announcer's introduction perked up my ear. She said :

"For the first time since 1987, the most storied program in women's college basketball is visiting Oregon State."

Tennessee is still "the most storied program"? That is news to most of us, I suspect.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Get Ready to hear a Lady Vol Love Fest:)

Just starting to watch the game replay. The announcer's introduction perked up my ear. She said :

"For the first time since 1987, the most storied program in women's college basketball is visiting Oregon State."

Tennessee is still "the most storied program"? That is news to most of us, I suspect.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Saw most of the second half. Here are my meanderings:

UT's away uniforms are intensely orange.

DD looked and moved way better than against Stanford.

To offer credit, it was a good win on the road for UT. They largely succeeded in keeping the ball away from Hamblin.

I'm no expert on offensive sets, so I couldn't quite discern what UT was doing. For awhile, it looked like the old Five Statues strategy, but it might have been the newer Remote Islands of Orange offense. I think it's fair to say it wasn't a motion offense.

UCONN would destroy either team right now.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

Read a write-up somewhere earlier today that had Stanford and Tennessee as the "two most storied programs" in WCBB. I'd put Stanford at three or four.

Maybe we should do a thread on a Mt. Rushmore of storied programs.

Reaction Score

You can't be the most storied program if you haven't won the most national championships. I think that is a prerequisite.

Reaction Score
Vols win. Rough game - at least offensively. Both teams would get smoked by a UConn or ND.
Wow! That was painful to watch. I don't think I've ever seen that many air balls especially by a team ranked #7.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
UT looked better because OS made them look like a top 10 team. However, the bottom line is UT scored only 53 points. That won't cut it against the upper tier teams. If OS is a top 10 team, the state of women's basketball is not good.
and they are UConn (who they dont play) Notre Dame (not sure if they play them, dont follow their schedule), South Carolina, TAMU? Baylor(do they play them)

who else? I know UTenn lost a few games already but how many more do you predict they'll lose and against "top teir" teams?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Vols lead 35-18 at the half. Best Half of Basketball for the Vols. Mercedes Russell should play in Oregon more often as this has been her best game.
isnt that her home state? or somewhere around the Northwest

Reaction Score
and they are UConn (who they dont play) Notre Dame (not sure if they play them, dont follow their schedule), South Carolina, TAMU? Baylor(do they play them)

who else? I know UTenn lost a few games already but how many more do you predict they'll lose and against "top teir" teams?
They play at ND, and they lucked out in their conference schedule by only playing South Carolina, Kentucky, and TAMU once.

Reaction Score
Hey good win LVs..... my memory may be bad, but might this be Holly's biggest win ever as HC? Good luck for keeping the mojo going ahead.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
They play at ND, and they lucked out in their conference schedule by only playing South Carolina, Kentucky, and TAMU once.
who won at ND?

and they could face each of them again in the SECT

Reaction Score
Brianna Tuner or not, if ND doesn't handle UTenn (20+ for most of the game), then 2-25 in WCBB is truly a free-for-all.

Reaction Score
Couldn't get the game on DIRECTV but looking at the stats, TN was lucky to win vs a slow, ?#7 team!
Ore St. outscored TN in 2nd 1/2 32 to 18
TN was 3 - 10 in FT/ DD was 2 of 8
Weisner & Wiese was 3-20 from 3pt. line
Hamblin scored 6 pts.
DD led TN with 9 RB's
Graves & Russell had / 4 RB's 2 each
Both teams had 2 players in double figure scorers
Ore St outrebounded TN 48 to 33
TN was 0-2 from 3 / Ore St was 4 -24 from 3
it was a + TN won but 2 crappy teams battled here / today TN was less crappy

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Margo's Video's Posted them before listening

Stanford Loss

Oregon St Win:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
This game was not a good advertisement for WCBB. The only thing good was the crowd.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Tennessee really needed this win. This will give the fans a little hope for the rest of the season.

Weisner went 0-10 from three point range. At some point you just have to realize that it's not your night.

Reaction Score
Important win for TN. Maybe the win will help the team reserruct the season and give the fans some hope. Lots of work left to do to recover a top 10 ranking.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I turned the game off at 13-7. Two teams that, to be kind, looked off. Balance of low scoring see saw confirmed both have lots a work ahead.

Reaction Score
Margo/Maria, whatever is not funny anymore, she is a sick individual! I could only get 2:10 into her video and had to go puke!
She says it was a great win! She is beyond delusional!
TN did win but please, looking at the stats from the game that I posted above, where did Margo get a great win?
It was a game that was played by 2 BAD teams 1/3 0f the way through their horrible seasons!
Both teams may improve, you would hope so anyway!
But TN's 2 best big girls had 2 RB's each 4 total, 6'6" and 6'3" had 4 RB's! DD had 9 RB's by herself!
TN was outscored by 14 pts. in the 2nd 1/2!
Farney said give Holly a 5 year extension, and Sonny44 wanted 5 more on that, please may Holly be the HC of TN for the next 30 years at least!
I won't repeat all the stats from above but having seen the Lady Vols circa 2015-2016 version 3x's already on TV, and reading the game stats from last nights joke, they are lucky that they'll have 15/16 wins at the end of the SEC Tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom