Tennessee Trailing Ole Miss | The Boneyard

Tennessee Trailing Ole Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Tennesse looking lethargic at home against a simply dreadful Mississippi and trailing 33-30 at the half. I expect Tennessee to come back and win, but they look awful.

Reaction Score
SEC halftime scores are what our AAC game scores are after the 1st quarter.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ole Miss is dreadful - 10-15 overall and 2-10 in their league. It would be like UCONN losing to SMU at half time. Yikes!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Lordy - Tennessee escaped with a single digit win over a really bad Ole Miss team. It was a 1 point game with a few minutes left in the 4th quarter. They should drop in the rankings even tho they won. What a stinker of a game...

Reaction Score
In the post game Andy Landers said the TN win has to be looked at as a loss because of the team Mississippi is and TN had to battle back to win! TN should have destroyed that Ole Miss team!

Reaction Score
yes Landers said also that Tennessee has not been playing inspired basketball this year and they need to start..... Nell Fortner noted as well that this is the time of year where improvement is shown in one's team, and Tennessee has shown no improvement.... OUCH!!! and that is from their own SEC station

Reaction Score
DeShields had a nice game. No points, 0-4 shooting and 4 turnovers (tied with Cooper for tops on the team.)

She has to be the biggest disappointment of the season.
Wow! DD is a turnover machine. Does not seem to be improving as the season comes to a close.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I posted a comparison of stats from DD's freshman year and this year at TN a few weeks ago and nothing has changed except perhaps to get a little worse. They really are almost identical - the only difference being she is in a lower scoring offense so the raw numbers are less, but the percentage of team numbers, the ratio of assists to turnovers, the shooting percentages are all eerily similar. Her defense based on blocks and steals numbers is actually up this year while the offensive numbers are a little bit lower. And the team results aren't very different either, though I think UNC was a little better based on supporting cast. DD got all the publicity her freshman year, but she was very inefficient as a freshman producing at a lower rate than the team as a whole and far below most of her fellow freshman on that team.

That team was coach by Sylvia's assistant and I would guess the quality of coaching she has received in college is pretty minimal. Had she come to Uconn or gone to another well coached team (and taken the coaching) I think she would be a very different player than she is today - maybe a little less exciting, but a lot more disciplined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom