Tennessee Postgame thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
No Paige, no CD, almost no CW, and limited minutes from Dorka And that equaled total domination. Never would have thunk it but I’m a very happy camper. This was a huge victory going way beyond the polls and seedings.
Seems to me she made Horston work for what she got in the first half. I think foul trouble held Christyn back today.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Weren't they a 4th ranked team just 10 days ago and a pick by Creme to be a #1 seed?
In those 10 days they have lost a starter to injury and lost two games to unranked teams (Auburn and Florida) and barely beat a third unranked team ( Arkansas). TN is reeling ....
i love it GIF by Team Coco

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the TN game:
  • Whatever problems have plagued UConn this season, there is absolutely nothing that doesn’t feel a whole lot better with a HUGE win over Tennessee today!!! What a tremendous TEAM effort. UConn now has a very real opportunity to secure a 2-seed and a spot in the Bridgeport Region if they run the table in the BE.
  • The decision to start Azzi was made with the intention of providing more offensive punch in Caroline’s absence. UConn ran a lot of actions for Azzi all game long and she hit some monster shots today, looking every bit like the #1 recruit in the nation.
  • The sequence in the first half during which UConn had like 8? offensive rebounds in a row before Azzi knocked down a 3 was all about tremendous effort, hustle, and gave me the distinct feeling that UConn was not going to be denied today.
  • Welcome back Aaliyah Edwards!!!
  • Evina once again stepped up against her former team with a SOLID GAME that was yet another reminder to LV fans of how good a player they had in Knoxville.
  • I felt pretty good after the 1st half. UConn was up 7, hadn’t executed particularly well on offense, but the defense against TN was absolutely suffocating. UConn’s 23-11 edge in the 3rd quarter pretty much put the game out of reach for TN.
  • For a program that prides itself on consistency, it is difficult to comprehend that, 19 games into this season, UConn rolled out their 7th different starting lineup today. I will say once again, WHAT DOESN’T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER!
OD, I agree with all of your points. You could have stopped after the first one. A win is a win is a win. But there is no win like a convincing win over Tennessee. This had to be a great game for Evina also. Glad to see her give some pay back to her former team. Today was a very good day. Our last gut check game before the tournament. All the boxes were checked today.

Reaction Score
Yeah I was gonna say something about that. It's annoying that she is basically not even considered part of this team. I keep checking to see if UConn removed her from the roster because no one ever mentions her.
Did you not see their (the team’s) reaction when she came to a recent game ? I don’t think we need to worry about her not being considered part of the team!

Reaction Score
Tough to ever say anything negative about a victory over the Lady Vols but if I could see one change is to minimize the moving pick violations. It’s up to the person with the ball to drive their defender into the pick, not for the person setting the screen to move into the dribbler’s defender. Stans Still!! Boy, was Azzi having in out there today?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
After the Creighton game where CDs calm presence navigated the team to a 20
Point win on the road, Geno was hearing rumblings he should retire so he upped his game today with a suit and vintage team performance to save his job and career…:rolleyes: ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
After the Creighton game where CDs calm presence navigated the team to a 20
Point win on the road, Geno was hearing rumblings he should retire so he upped his game today with a suit and vintage team performance to save his job and career…:rolleyes: ;)
Maybe the AD will give Geno a vote of confidence…… :cool:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Small update on Caroline Ducharme. IMHO, gutsy, but at this point in the season, why risk it and potentially affect the remainder of the season for her? Methinks the team has embraced the "next player up" with respect to figuring out how to play and win when teammates cannot play.

Reaction Score
OD, I agree with all of your points. You could have stopped after the first one. A win is a win is a win. But there is no win like a convincing win over Tennessee. This had to be a great game for Evina also. Glad to see her give some pay back to her former team. Today was a very good day. Our last gut check game before the tournament. All the boxes were checked today.
Depaul or Marquette may have something to say about that! We need competitive games before the tournament, and I think Depaul and Marquette will both be great games.

Reaction Score
Turned on the game and got the gut punch from hearing that Caroline wasn't playing. I have to admit, at that point I figured "we're doomed." I really can't believe what a tremendous effort they put out. If you had told me Caroline Ducharme was out, CW would go 2 for 11, and Dorka would play only limited minutes, and we would beat TN by almost 20 points, I would have asked for some of what you're smoking.
It was Fudd that was smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer