Tennessee Postgame thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tennessee Postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Wonder how she feels right now knowing she turned down a chance at Geno and championships for a very rocky top.
Really? I did not know that.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Beating Tennessee is ALWAYS a feel-good moment ... but this season having consisted largely of trials and bummers, I can't remember a recent win that felt as cathartic as this one.

To all the haterz and motivators who've been piling on us all season, and particularly the hateful Tennessee fans: Y'all can just go choke on it.

Reaction Score
People talk about Uconn playing without Paige and Caroline and forget about Aubrey.
absolutely right..........her ability to change the complexion of the game with her defense, hustle and finishing on the break are missed more than most folks realize........I really hope she returns next season healthy and ready to run.......

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I hope she is enjoying her role as 1st off the bench. Because Evina provides such a spark & calming influence. Another quiet 14 points, most at opportune times.

Really like the rotation of ONO, Dorka and AE today. All three played well and anchored the paint. Everyone will remember Azzi shooting in this game but should also pay attention to Azzi the playmaker. She really made some nice plays by passing the basketball. Evina played a very good game her second in a row and seems to have accepted her 6th man role for this team.
I was thinking earlier today that until recently, Evina had probably never NOT started in her life. [maybe 9th grade]

Reaction Score
Part of that was 2 players deciding they were going to dominate the ball. I can not believe that was the game-plan.

Tennessee's offense at some point turned in to dribble, dribble, drive in to the lane and look for a foul. It worked but not enough.
You mean the Horston/Burrell tug of war. That's been on display since Burrell returned.

Reaction Score
IMG_4127.jpg
;)

Reaction Score
In those 10 days they have lost a starter to injury and lost two games to unranked teams (Auburn and Florida) and barely beat a third unranked team ( Arkansas). TN is reeling ....
i love it GIF by Team Coco
Not to downplay her loss but I thought Green was a backup for Key, and even the Vols fans are questioning how can a loss of Green could have had that much impact on Ten.

Reaction Score
You mean the Horston/Burrell tug of war. That's been on display since Burrell returned.
Agreed. I am by no means as familiar with the LV program as their fans, but this has been prevalent in the games I've watched. Burrell was the 2nd option behind Davis last season, and looked to be the go to player entering her senior season. Horston took that spot when Burrell was injured, but I've been saying all season long that she is rather selfish. She is the epitome of a volume scorer, and if you look at her season stats, she shoots the ball really poorly. But she's the only true elite level athlete/talent playing alongside a lot of nice role players, so she's had to force it. With Burrell back, there's another really solid option on the floor, but they don't seem to have any chemistry to utilize each other's talents.

I couldn't understand how they weren't a better team last season when they had Burrell, Horston, and Davis. Shows the value of chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom