Tennessee @ Missouri - 2/18/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ Missouri - 2/18/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone even leaves their man open beyond the 3 pt line. Why they drop off below the line makes no sense when you know they need a three. You could put all your players in a circle on the 3 point line. let them make a two but do't even give them a three.
Exactly. I have seen this so many times in both men's and women's. They need a 3; there is no reason to have defenders below the 3 point line. All five should be hugging the 3 point line in a circle.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Fouling when you're up by 3 with 1.4 secs left when your mark is shooting a 3 is the stupidest thing in basketball. I hope that's clearer.

Yes, fouling a 3 point shooter is always dumb, regardless of how much time is on the clock. But especially dumb w/ barely over a second to go in the game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Era brillosto, e gli alacridi tossi
succhiellavano scabbi nel pantúle:
Méstili eran tutti i paparossi,
e strombavan musando i tartarocchi.

It was bright, and the alacrids coughed
they wore scabbi in the pantule:
Méstili were all paparossi,
and loitering the tartarocchi.

Reaction Score
Yes, fouling a 3 point shooter is always dumb, regardless of how much time is on the clock. But especially dumb w/ barely over a second to go in the game.

Foul them BEFORE they even set up for a 3. Geno lost one or two games because of it...didn't bother to foul in either case. The infamous Stanford game comes to mind.

Reaction Score
It was bright, and the alacrids coughed
they wore scabbi in the pantule:
Méstili were all paparossi,
and loitering the tartarocchi.

Even as an Italian can't decipher this one. :eek:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Tennessee could go potentially go 1-3 in their last 4 games.

Lost to Alabama
Lost to Missouri
???? at Florida
???? South Carolina

The Gamecocks will be looking for a revenge game.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Wilson played great today. I don't see them losing to Tennessee, even in Knoxville.

If Missouri can beat Vandy at home and A&M on the road they should get them a 3 or 4 seed in the SEC and the NCAA. A loss to A&M could make things dicey. For the SEC Tourney they would not have the tiebreaker over South Carolina, Georgia, LSU or A&M. They could finish tied for third and drop to a six or seven. (They do, however, have the tiebreaker edge over Tennessee.) They are actually in better shape for the NCAA Tourney, as a few teams above them have lost this week.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Exactly. I have seen this so many times in both men's and women's. They need a 3; there is no reason to have defenders below the 3 point line. All five should be hugging the 3 point line in a circle.

Yup. I’d love to hear a coach explain that apparent mistake that so many teams make. The other similar strategy gaff is the team that is up by four with just a few seconds left. Why play defense? Just let ‘em go...doubly so if the opponent has to go the length of the floor. The only thing that can get you beat is an overtime, and the only thing that can get you there is a foul on the three pointer.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
TN had more rebounds and fewer turnovers, so I assume they are happy with the result.

Reaction Score
Because Tennessee lost I shall gyre and gimble in the wabe this afternoon!
Do not know what it is but i think I shall also do this! Love when the Lady Vols of lore and legend loose to an inferior opponent according to their fan base! In the profound words of Diana , " booing I thought they were MOOING'

Reaction Score
Like Maryland, Tennessee has been overrated, since the pre-season Rankings were published. I also believe there are at least (probably more than) 16 better teams in the NCAA that should be hosting before Tennessee. I'll be highly disappointed if Tennessee ends up hosting the 1st two games of the NCAA Tournament.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I think it is likely TN will host.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Your girl Margo with some insights. Not really down on the team OR Holly after the loss, but had some harsh words for Mercedes...

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Other than being Tenn, is there other rationale that would indicate your thought?

Despite losing the last two games, they are still ranked by Massey at number 12. While that just barely a 3C seed that's a long way away from not hosting.

They have two games left — at Florida and hosting South Carolina.

The prediction for South Carolina is close to a coin flip but if they lose to the higher ranked team, short of a blowout, that shouldn't drop them in the rankings. Losing to Florida, would be a bigger deal, but I think they will win easily. Florida is a triple digit ranked team, and Tennessee hasn't lost to a triple digit ranked team this year. Alabama is ranked 62 so not even close to Florida. Yes, it could happen. Tennessee seems to play well against highly ranked teams and not so well against crappy team so maybe they will lay an egg. If they lose both and flameout in the tournament maybe that will be enough to drop them below the four line but I don't think that's going to happen.

Last edited:

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Your girl Margo with some insights. Not really down on the team OR Holly after the loss, but had some harsh words for Mercedes...

Looks like Margo has caught the "blame the refs" flu that runs through Knoxville.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom