Tennessee @ Missouri - 2/18/18 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ Missouri - 2/18/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Voted for Missouri but it wouldn't surprise me if the Lady Vols win.

An important game for both teams as they need the win to get the double bye in the SEC Tournament. Also may determine if either team hosts the 1st and 2nd round of the NCAA tournment.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
The only thing we can know for sure is that we have no idea what Tenn team will show up.

Reaction Score
Would love to see this one live, too bad it's on same time as UConn's. I'll go with Missouri in this one...all the way.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mizzou already starting to pull away from a tired and confused looking Vol team 23-13 at 1:13 of the first.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
1Q Tn 13 Missouri 25

Points by Russell = 0
Points by Nared = 0

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lady Vols showed some life in the 2nd quarter outscoring Mizz 23-17. Not seeing much of this game as I flipping channels during commercial timeouts of the UConn game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
75-72 Missouri but they just fouled a 3 point shooter w/ 1.4 seconds left. I believe Davis from Tennessee is going to the line.

Cunningham has 30 for Mizzou today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Missouri gets the rebound on the 3rd FT.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mizz could have put this game away at the Free Throw line, instead they only make one FT, on two times going to the Line. Will the Lady Vols tie the game. Doesn't look like it.

Now have to miss and get the Rebound. They don't Mizz Ball. Good Win for Mizz over a game Lady Vol team. The Lady Vols came to play this afternoon.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
If someone doesn't think fouling your mark when you're up by 3 with 1.4 secs left isn't the stupidest thing you'll see all day you don't watch much basketball.

I'm a little confused by this statement. Either foul before the shot or contest the shot but make sure you don't foul. Whatever you do, DON'T foul a 3 point shooter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Mizz could have put this game away at the Free Throw line, instead they only make one FT, on two times going to the Line. Will the Lady Vols tie the game. Doesn't look like it.

Now have to miss and get the Rebound. They don't Mizz Ball. Good Win for Mizz over a game Lady Vol team. The Lady Vols came to play this afternoon.

19-22 from the line today. Can't be too critical of a couple misses.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm a little confused by this statement. Either foul before the shot or contest the shot but make sure you don't foul. Whatever you do, DON'T foul a 3 point shooter.
Fouling when you're up by 3 with 1.4 secs left when your mark is shooting a 3 is the stupidest thing in basketball. I hope that's clearer.

Reaction Score
Fouling when you're up by 3 with 1.4 secs left when your mark is shooting a 3 is the stupidest thing in basketball. I hope that's clearer.

I don't know why anyone even leaves their man open beyond the 3 pt line. Why they drop off below the line makes no sense when you know they need a three. You could put all your players in a circle on the 3 point line. let them make a two but do't even give them a three.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone even leaves their man open beyond the 3 pt line. Why they drop off below the line makes no sense when you know they need a three.
So then of course you make your mark shoot over you. I can't believe at any point you believe fouling a 3pt shooter with 1.4 secs left is a smart thing when you're up by 3. You have to know your percentages, and unless she's a Lou, her making that shot is a low percentage shot. If you make her shoot over you the worst that happens is a tie game, while the percentages say you win.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This was actually a reasonably good effort by TN on the road against a good MO team, unlike their previous debacle vs Bama. Of course, losing to MO on the road won’t make Vol fans happy, regardless of how well TN played.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This makes me so happy :):):)
giphy.gif

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This was actually a reasonably good effort by TN on the road against a good MO team, unlike their previous debacle vs Bama. Of course, losing to MO on the road won’t make Vol fans happy, regardless of how well TN played.
Good effort by them, but they ultimately lost and not only have lost 2 in a row, but are 6-6 in their past 12 games. They should easily beat Florida, but have SC in Columbus as their last game, and SC has Wilson back. I think they are a 4 seed at this point, and could easily be pushed to a 5 seed with a loss to SC and a bow-out early-ish in the SEC tourney... Would LOVE to see them as the 4 or 5 seed in our bracket...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Good effort by them, but they ultimately lost and not only have lost 2 in a row, but are 6-6 in their past 12 games. They should easily beat Florida, but have SC in Columbus as their last game, and SC has Wilson back. I think they are a 4 seed at this point, and could easily be pushed to a 5 seed with a loss to SC and a bow-out early-ish in the SEC tourney... Would LOVE to see them as the 4 or 5 seed in our bracket...
Should the Lady Vols end up in the Albany Region against UConn it would be a massacre, but a really enjoyable one for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom