Tennessee @ Mississippi St (6) - 2/10/19 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ Mississippi St (6) - 2/10/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I just keep thinking after seeing the LV faithful applaud for staying close through the middle of the 3rd quarter....

If you are in a distance race..... say the mile run.... and you stay close for the first 3 quarters of the race, only to lose steam and lose race by a lot.... is there ANY reason to claim victory..... of any kind?

Was ND game close for 2 quarters? With MS close for 3 quarters, maybe LV faithful believe SC game will be close for 4 quarters - guess that's improvement :confused:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just keep thinking after seeing the LV faithful applaud for staying close through the middle of the 3rd quarter....

If you are in a distance race..... say the mile run.... and you stay close for the first 3 quarters of the race, only to lose steam and lose race by a lot.... is there ANY reason to claim victory..... of any kind?

Personal best time? Bad analogy, but I do get your point. Our team has displayed a tendency to go asleep in the 3rd quarter. That ain't going to get you home either in an evenly matched contest.

Reaction Score
Was ND game close for 2 quarters? With MS close for 3 quarters, maybe LV faithful believe SC game will be close for 4 quarters - guess that's improvement :confused:

Hah! Yeah if you cannot sustain your play for 4 quarters, may as well not even play the game

Reaction Score
Personal best time? Bad analogy, but I do get your point. Our team has displayed a tendency to go asleep in the 3rd quarter. That ain't going to get you home either in an evenly matched contest.

Hey you know all my submissions cannot be gems HAH!

I never have seen the LVs play a full 40 minutes the last few years.... they are really in danger of not being relevant.

RMtblue what is your take on why HS All American after HS All American comes through Knoxville and they consistently are NOT favored in games vs 3 star lunch bucket players and SEC teams Young team? Georgia is younger i think. and they beat Tenn.... and you have lost 5 straight to Bama? It is embarrassing....

Reaction Score
How would fans like me be the problem? By hoping for a new coach? I'm confused.
I apologize for that statement. What I really meant to say is not supporting the team because you want a new coach is unfair to the team. Those young ladies playing for Tennessee are not losing because they are not giving effort. To me they just do not have confidence in themselves when things get tight. Now, I do feel that falls on the head coach shoulders and Holly is the head coach.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I am guessing next season Taylor Promise starts, Carter will see a lot of time in the post.

Just in case you think her first name is Taylor, it's actually Promise, I promise.:)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hey you know all my submissions cannot be gems HAH!

I never have seen the LVs play a full 40 minutes the last few years.... they are really in danger of not being relevant.

RMtblue what is your take on why HS All American after HS All American comes through Knoxville and they consistently are NOT favored in games vs 3 star lunch bucket players and SEC teams Young team? Georgia is younger i think. and they beat Tenn.... and you have lost 5 straight to Bama? It is embarrassing....

No one needs my take on that. The better question is why they haven't stopped taking Tenn offers in the face of all the clear evidence that they will not be developed to anything near their potential.

Reaction Score
I apologize for that statement. What I really meant to say is not supporting the team because you want a new coach is unfair to the team. Those young ladies playing for Tennessee are not losing because they are not giving effort. To me they just do not have confidence in themselves when things get tight. Now, I do feel that falls on the head coach shoulders and Holly is the head coach.
Well, according to their coach they are.

Reaction Score
No one needs my take on that. The better question is why they haven't stopped taking Tenn offers in the face of all the clear evidence that they will not be developed to anything near their potential.

well i am with you..... tennessee is now a graveyard for high school talent... and it is sad

Reaction Score
I say amazing because he has done it with only one high school AA and has continued to do it after losing four starters last season. They have only one loss this season. Texas had height with Imani and how good did they do over her career? No other coach has taken his or her team to the championship NCAA tournament game two consecutive years with the level of talent he has in recent years. Baylor had Griner and went to the championship game only once and they had height. UConn has not had much height the past two seasons and lost on last second shots to taller teams. If what Schaefer is doing is not amazing, then it is a very, very, very good job he is doing. After losing four starters from last season, I did not think MSST would be even a good team this season.

Vic has actually lost 4 starters from each of his Natty runner-up teams. And it'll be 3-4 more next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom