Tennessee @ Mississippi St (6) - 2/10/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
usa_today_10359715.jpg

Hey vol boy, if you do not want to be identified, you should bring a change of shirt as well. :D:D

Reaction Score
UT is better than their record and IMHO will be in the tournament. Certainly not a high seed but I expect they will win most of their remaining games. As for MSST, if we win out we deserve a number 1 seed not in Albany!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Was it my imagination or did Holly not blow a time out during that 4th Q. ?

Reaction Score
Just my opinion. There are enough ESPN games on that they don't need to show it multiple times during a game where ND isn't playing AND MS ST or UConn is. Kinda rubbing it in (again, IMO). I think every WBB fan knows that the tournament games are on ESPN.

This is sports not quilt making.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Whatever positives her 3pt threat is (and I can see it when she is on), she is very slow compared to her team mates. Vic can't play the ravenous defense with her on court imho and her floating to the corner every single time and clamping down sucks some of the energy on offense imho.

I think she's much quicker now. I've never seen her move like that. Earlier in the year, she had some of the worst feet on the team, and that doesn't bode well by the standards of this team at all. Since then, she's making plays like that baseline to the hoop in the 1st quarter in this game.

her 3 point shot is still unproven though. There's no doubt in my mind now that Bre'Amber Scott is a better player currently. Though that may change soon if AEH can continue to improve.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was at the Hump and watched in person. It wasn’t the best effort by MSU but I will take it. TN is better than their record and Westbrook would have helped but there was no doubt who was better today.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
UT is better than their record and IMHO will be in the tournament. Certainly not a high seed but I expect they will win most of their remaining games. As for MSST, if we win out we deserve a number 1 seed not in Albany!
That is fine with me. I would prefer that UConn make the Final Four before it has to enter the sequoia forest (Baylor and Mississippi State).

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Hopefully this is the nail in the coffin for Holly.
No way!

There are so many positives to take away from this game! They were without their starting PG and leading scorer, and still competed admirably! This was a one-possession game in the 2nd half in a very hostile environment! They exceeded everyone's expectations!

Reaction Score
They were expecting to win this game?

Some of the VolNation faithful had talked themselves into it. I think it was the fool's gold of winning the last two games.

Reaction Score
No way!

There are so many positives to take away from this game! They were without their starting PG and leading scorer, and still competed admirably! This was a one-possession game in the 2nd half in a very hostile environment! They exceeded everyone's expectations!

C'mon Plebe, you know it's BS...you just want Holly to get another extension.:D

Reaction Score
Too many losses against unranked teams and a very bad loss against a top five team.

They had all those losses last week when he had them in.
So what changed in the past week? A win over Vandy & a loss to Miss St. As expected. Unless a bubble team had a really good week, I don't see the rationale for moving them down.

A very bad loss? They were within 6 late in 3rd, on the road, without their best player.

In contrast, a top 25 team (FSU) was down early and never remotely close against another top 5 team.

Reaction Score
C'mon Plebe, you know it's BS...you just want Holly to get another extension.:D

True, but they did play very well and exceeded expectations.

The game where they were down by ~20 to Stetson (but won) was a terrible outing. This was not.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I always thought Holly was trashed when she did not deserve it. The game has changed so much since Pat coached there. I am not positive...but I am pretty darn sure that Pat would have been to a few final fours with the talent that Holly has...and has had. She seems to bring out the worse...not the best...in these great players she gets. They will play great for one game out of four. It makes no sense. I get a loss to Miss St....but some of the others ?????? I think the Vol fan base is correct when they say Holly is in over her head !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom