Tennessee "Fantastic Four" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee "Fantastic Four"

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Have you ever thought about bringing back your old avatar for a day (the old lady with the cup of coffee)? I like your modern ones but when someone writes HuskyNan I still think of that one.
Better?

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Now I remember why I didn't put Maxine in my signature before - the script doesn't support it.

Well, there she is in your avatar - minus the coffee cup. Yea! HuskyNan is Back. For a day, at least.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Lots of teams have sounded like that. But one thing I know; If you want to walk the walk , you have to talk the talk. It starts in the mind.

Reaction Score
I was reading an article about the freshmen of Tennessee. In the article the four freshmen were discussing how they wanted to bring the team/program back to the standards of Coach Pat Summit, how they discussed amongst themselves coming to Tennessee and how they are the "Fab Four".
I love the update on the L.Vols.. but uh... Could you post a link to an article when you refer to it. I am not so good with "the googles". :)

Reaction Score
while we did play carson newman, they all looked way better than recent freshman classes at TN. also, the energy of this team is night and day from last year. DD and Cooper clearly affected more than just the basketball court. it's one thing to fall short b/c you get beat by a better team. it's a whole different thing to have a bad season due to personalities and conflict. there was no one waiting around at this first game for DD to take over or to decide if she felt like playing. as a fan, this is way more tolerable, regardless of the result.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The question is what will Warlick get from them.
Well next year's team will be more a experienced team. Collins will be needed inside with Russell gone. Green and Massingill will add depth at guard. Burell will add some depth at wing.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I can't believe I am saying this, but I wish them well. (The well-wishing does not extend to UT fans, however.)

Reaction Score
The question is what will Warlick get from them.
I agree..... it has been obvious to me from the beginning of the Holly era that the talent the Lady Vols have had there has not been maximized....... it is obvious some of the coaching moves that could have been used in lieu of what they have gone with..... I think Holly is in the mode of the Summit era.... and even Pat would say times have changed and called for a different set of coaching needs...... I didn't see Carson Newman but I will see game tomorrow.... and i will be interested to see the freshmen..... This past class was well ranked.... On hoopgurlz numbers 2, 9, 12, 57..... but now they must be coached.... Tennessee has been rich before.... 2011 brought numbers 3,4 , and 29... and 2013 gave them 1, 3 (Diamond, who transferred in) and 8. .... They need to do the big things (like reconstructing their offensive strategy) and the fundamental coaching things.... both mechanical (teach Mercedes on how to properly play in the pivot) and otherwise.... (do not reward indifferent attitudes or selfish behavior.....) TN has a nice roster blend... if they can work together and get a plan....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom