Tennessee Compliance Site Self-Reporting | The Boneyard

Tennessee Compliance Site Self-Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
For all the continuous whining and complaining that Tennessee fans STILL do in calling UCONN "UCheat", and going on and on saying Geno is a cheater, I bet Tennessee has several more violations that UCONN over the years.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, you gotta admit that buying a recruit a house and her mother a retail store are big violations! Oh, wait, that is just the ongoing Vol fans delusion!! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Safe to say that minor violations are like breathing..... all programs are guilty..... it is too bad that the NCAA is on top of these sorts of things often while turning a blind eye to UNC and that type of scandal...... I think of the brave whistleblower..... if it wasn't for the prominent athlete who caused the relook at charges, that brave woman would not have been vindicated.... NCAA gave their nod, all is good, and left

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I get that rules are rules, and this only goes to show my longstanding contention that this sort of thing happens quite often.

A couple are absurd - the return address label caused the mailing to exceed the number of permissible logos???

Also the not-permitted transportation which forced the student athlete to pay an odd amount less than $10 dollars - we were warned about this at Rutgers. If you see a student athlete walking in the rain without an umbrella, you cannot offer a ride - because it is a benefit you (presumably) wouldn't offer a non-athlete.

That is actually quite open of Tennessee, while we were assured at Rutgers that they happened and were reported, we were not given any details except for one that involved the fan club and one that was publicized in the paper.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, I didn't have time to look into this fully but Tennessee ADMITS to providing illegal cash and benefits to prospective student athletes. I mean how does the NCAA let them get away with this???! I am so glad that WE have a coach with integrity. It's no wonder we won't play them! Geno is looking out for the integrity of woman's college basketball while Tennessee admits to ILLEGAL CASH and BENEFITS!!!!!!!!!

I won't say more here but we can take it to chatroom if we need to discuss it more! We should just make this a for pay site anyway.

[Did that give anyone a flashback to the old days on the Summitt?;)]

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That is an interesting site and I think a good idea that other schools should copy.
I find this similar to 'union rules' which i dealt with early in my career - some of them were crazy until you though about the history of labor and realized that they were mostly implemented because of really egregious behavior by employers at some point in the distant past. Same goes for the NCAA rules - $3 over on expenses seems silly, but somewhere in the background are probably cases where the dollar amount was $100s or $1000s and really did create a competitive advantage.
I do find the lack of action on UNC to be crazy in light of the level of focus on minor infringements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom