Tennessee at Texas (Sun. 12/9, 1pm ET) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Tennessee at Texas (Sun. 12/9, 1pm ET)

Reaction Score
Does this drop Texas in the AP poll? Please say yes.
By the appearance and subsequent performance of Texas today..... having them ranked ANYWHERE in the poll is an insult to the poll and to WCBB at large.....

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Probably around #15-20 range.
Sounds a bit generous to me. Where is Quinnipiac ranked? They played to a virtual draw, so they should probably be right next to each other.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
One of the few bright spots for Texas in this game is the play of Audrey Warren, a freshman from Forth Worth who has replaced Lashann Higgs in the starting lineup and scored 21 points today. She wasn't even ranked as a recruit. Talk about a pleasant surprise. She clearly lacks the athleticism of the other players on the floor, but she plays with a certain self-belief very atypical for freshmen.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Sounds a bit generous to me. Where is Quinnipiac ranked? They played to a virtual draw, so they should probably be right next to each other.
I haven't seen Quinnipiac this year. As for Texas. Yes the Higgs injury was significant.
Once Holmes gets back in game shape that will help.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Charli Collier's a freshman. She will get better with more experience I'm sure.
Short term it looks like UConn got the better player. Time will tell. However, she probably made the right choice for getting more playing time her freshman season.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Chiney and Nell Fortner in the studio are raving about what a positive impact Joyner Holmes had for Texas.

Huh?

She played 11 minutes, was 1-5 from the floor, and had 2 turnovers.
When Holmes was in the game Texas was a plus. When she was out they were a minus.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
What a putrid game..... not fun to watch at all.... terrible offenses for both.... glad Tenn won because it will be a feather in Holly's cap....

I thought it was more like two terrible defensive performances

I heard the comment landers made about texas being the uconn of the 80 too and was like, wait did he just say that!!lol silly statement to be sure

Reaction Score
I thought it was more like two terrible defensive performances

I heard the comment landers made about texas being the uconn of the 80 too and was like, wait did he just say that!!lol silly statement to be sure

ya bad defense bad offense.... everything was bad on both sides..... TN fortunate got good performance from MeMe J

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
ya bad defense bad offense.... everything was bad on both sides..... TN fortunate got good performance from MeMe J

Tennessee was fortunate bc meme is such a streaky shooter..

Honestly, the game could have gone either way..i think the turning point was the elbow foul that westbrook took

Reaction Score
“Charles Moore, president of the university's athletic association, chose orange and white for the school colors on April 12, 1889. His inspiration is said to have come from orange and white daisies which grew on the Hill. To this day there are still orange and white flowers grown outside the University Center. Although students confirmed the colors at a special meeting in 1892, dissatisfaction caused the colors to be dropped. No other acceptable colors could be agreed on, however, and the original colors were reinstated a day later. The University of Tennessee's official colors are UT Orange (Pantone 151), White, and Smokey Gray (Pantone 426).”

Even Tennessee didn’t like their orange:D

:D Pretty sad when one has to describe colors by their Pantone numbers..."wait let me take out my Pantone book out to see what colors they are"

Reaction Score
Voters trying very hard to keep South Carolina in the top 25...at #25.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Stwainfan, I heard Andy say he thought Harris was a star in the making. Hasn't she been a project from day one? How has she progressed?

Andy said Zaay Harris and there is no such player. Based on when he was saying this, I'm thinking he meant Zaay Green.

Reaction Score
I feel that Tenn and Texas has a lot of talented player's.
But are very under Coach.
Holly and Karen coach like it's 1990.
Wakeup it's 2018.
It's so frustrating being a Texas fan.
If I see the problem, why the AD of both these's school don't see it.
Both are great Recruiter's.
But terrible Coach's
Hookem'

Reaction Score
:D Pretty sad when one has to describe colors by their Pantone numbers..."wait let me take out my Pantone book out to see what colors they are"

Every school, and in fact every company, with a logo will have the Pantone colors noted somewhere. The branding folks obsess over making sure the colors show a consistent, exact message.

And I appreciate being able to find the Pantone easily. When I've created tables with teams and wanted to color them in, they look a lot cooler if I use the exact school color.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom