Tennessee at Texas (Sun. 12/9, 1pm ET) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tennessee at Texas (Sun. 12/9, 1pm ET)

Reaction Score
Still trying to figure out why we’re losing recruits to these coaches
It has to be lack of playing time. A recruitment factor also is playing before lots of fans, both of these teams put fans in the stands!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It has to be lack of playing time. A recruitment factor also is playing before lots of fans, both of these teams put fans in the stands!
Tennessee yes. Texas’s attendance is pretty mediocre at best.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A good win. On the road against a ranked team.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Lady Vols deserved this win. Texas had numerous shot opportunities in the 2nd half at point blank range (including layups) and missed. Then they would give up baskets to the Lady Vols. Texas kept it close, but I never had the feeling that Texas would win this game. A game they should win on their home court.

Karen Aston has Texas at a respectable level, but can she get Texas back to Elite Level capable of winning a National Championship? So far she hasn't.

Reaction Score
Stwainfan, I heard Andy say he thought Harris was a star in the making. Hasn't she been a project from day one? How has she progressed?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It seems like I hadn't seen Tenn hit that many threes in years. And I think they had as many 3's as Tex had missed layups - LOL

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Stwainfan, I heard Andy say he thought Harris was a star in the making. Hasn't she been a project from day one? How has she progressed?
I think she has made some improvement. One thing also is she has played behind more talented players. I honestly thought she might leave after a year or two. To her credit she stayed with it.

Reaction Score

Landers also said that although the audience didn't know it.... TExas was the UConn of the 80s.....

Andy was a big name in WCBB before the arrival of good coaching to WCBB.... he says some ludicrous things.....

Plebe

Reaction Score
Landers also said that although the audience didn't know it.... TExas was the UConn of the 80s.....

Andy was a big name in WCBB before the arrival of good coaching to WCBB.... he says some ludicrous things.....
I suppose you could say they were the UConn of one year, 1985, their undefeated season.

Reaction Score
What a putrid game..... not fun to watch at all.... terrible offenses for both.... glad Tenn won because it will be a feather in Holly's cap....

Reaction Score
I suppose you could say they were the UConn of one year, 1985, their undefeated season.

yeah I remember that was 86 I think.... first undefeated season in WCBB...…. but aside from that season, Andy please tell us how Texas was like UConn..... not being overprotective.... I just hate hearing dumb and untruthful things being said in the name of hype and oversell Andy you really think TExas was worth watching today?

Reaction Score
He was probably thinking of Green the freshman.

Reaction Score
Bernie, that makes more sense to me. I am sorry, if it is not logical, my old brain can't process it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Chiney and Nell Fortner in the studio are raving about what a positive impact Joyner Holmes had for Texas.

Huh?

She played 11 minutes, was 1-5 from the floor, and had 2 turnovers.

Reaction Score
Two of the worst coaches in major women’s college basketball go head to head today. I predict an UGLY game.

If this matchup were a movie, it would be called Dumb and Dumber! I would put Texas in the first spot!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I think Andy misspoke. He didn't mean Harris who is not good. He meant another player (Burrel or Green).

Reaction Score
Does this drop Texas in the AP poll? Please say yes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I know Texas was somewhat hampered with injury, but I thought they could handle Tenn on their home floor. In some respects these teams played like clones of each other. Pass it around outside hoping a defender would miss an assignment, then just charge in with the hope of making something happen or toss it into a scrum underneath. I quit on the game at half time. Saw Collier was in in first half but her stat line was Os across the board.

Reaction Score
Wow the Tennessee men's team just beat #1 Gonzaga.

Even though terrible game for style points and Texas equally bad.... Congrats Stwain on the win.... hey a win is a win.... and wow, the guys took down Gonzaga....

Congratulations on a great day for you!

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think they drop a little. They will still be ranked.
Although it's certainly worth asking the question whether they deserve to be ranked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom