Tennessee 2021-22 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee 2021-22

Reaction Score
Oh yeah for sure now. That was an inexcusable loss but still not as bad of a team as people made them out to be to start the season
I’ll agree with ‘not as bad’; and I think they were probably playing about as well as they could with the players they have. Harper is doing a good job coaching with what she has but needs to recruit better. Horston and Burrell are good solid A-list players. I just don’t think the can carry the team on their backs when there isn’t enough other talent around them. Tennessee is probably an impact player away from being really solid. That doesn’t mean I don’t think they can win a lot of games; I just think they risk being exposed when things go wrong.

Reaction Score
How about that Auburn Women's Basketball Program!!? Huge win. Congrats and thank you!! :D

Reaction Score
Question - with Green out for the season, how deep are they at the forward/post position?

Reaction Score
Question - with Green out for the season, how deep are they at the forward/post position?
Not deep at all. They have 6'5 Saunders who has played sparingly and doesn't contribute much save being a space eater on the court. Then there's 6'3 freshman Stripling who is struggling to adjust to the college game. Tennessee's ability to play disruptive defense takes a serious nose dive when Key comes out of the game, even with Green available. The difference is Green was a strong rebounder and offensive threat. She was only 6'1, but strong and mobile. The other two players I mentioned don't bring anything near what she did to the game

If Key gets in foul trouble, they are vulnerable to pretty much anyone.

Reaction Score
Not deep at all. They have 6'5 Saunders who has played sparingly and doesn't contribute much save being a space eater on the court. Then there's 6'3 freshman Stripling who is struggling to adjust to the college game. Tennessee's ability to play disruptive defense takes a serious nose dive when Key comes out of the game, even with Green available. The difference is Green was a strong rebounder and offensive threat. She was only 6'1, but strong and mobile. The other two players I mentioned don't bring anything near what she did to the game

If Key gets in foul trouble, they are vulnerable to pretty much anyone.
Thanks for the insight. I recall Striplin had been touted as a key prospect from their 2021 class and was a ESPN ranked player. I know rankings aren't everything, however she seemed to have come with a fair bit of hype along with Puckett. Hopefully she can make some progress this season as depth in that position is important in the SEC.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the insight. I recall Striplin had been touted as a key prospect from their 2021 class and was a ESPN ranked player. I know rankings aren't everything, however she seemed to have come with a fair bit of hype along with Puckett. Hopefully she can make some progress this season as depth in that position is important in the SEC.
Puckett lived up to her billing since Day 1 and played a lot (and was productive) because of Burrell's injury. Her minutes have since come down with Rae's return, but she's the only dependable two way player on the bench right now. I think ultimately Striplin will be fine too, but probably next year. She seems to be having the same issues that DeBerry from UConn is having, where you can see the potential but there's a lot of learning needed. Still, I'd rather see her as Key's sub instead of Saunders, who I don't think will ever be good enough to be a reliable rotation player.

Tennessee has had a great start because they are strong, athletic and physical...which masks some of their player deficiencies. But they have very slim margin for error with the turnovers and spotty shooting. Hasn't come back to bite them until last night. Next few games will be critical for them.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Has anyone checked on @stwainfan over the past week? With the Auburn loss, a squeaked out victory against Arkansas and now a loss to Florida, I fear for our fine colleague…where art thou our resident LV fan???

Reaction Score
Rumor has it @stwainfan is spending a little time over on Volnation trying to get that blowhard Rickster to settle down and possibly talk Jumper into reaching out to the Tennessee staff. Rumor only and I’m starting it….lol

Reaction Score
Has anyone checked on @stwainfan over the past week? With the Auburn loss, a squeaked out victory against Arkansas and now a loss to Florida, I fear for our fine colleague…where art thou our resident LV fan???
Probably having multiple glasses of wine, or a bottle.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it @stwainfan is spending a little time over on Volnation trying to get that blowhard Rickster to settle down and possibly talk Jumper into reaching out to the Tennessee staff. Rumor only and I’m starting it….lol
I'm sure Jumper has been emailing administration non stop that he could be there tomorrow. Sadly, he doesn't realize that they've already blocked his email...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not sure which way the wind is blowing today, but if its coming from the west... I expect to hear some wailing and gnashing of teeth in the next few hours.

Reaction Score
Lol what say you Rickster, Jumper and the rest of the Vol blowhards

Reaction Score
They want Holly back today. Really. at Least Holly could recruit. Lol

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm ok. Thanks for asking. I had a lot going on. As far as the team. It is hard to go through the SEC schedule unbeaten. I had thought there would be a couple of losses. Harper said today we haven't yet recovered from the injury to Green.

Reaction Score
Lots of back and forth on Volnation about Kelly not being a good recruiter. I will say this until I’m blue in the face. Should’ve throw bags of money at Kara.

Reaction Score
I have no dog in this fight but what exactly has Kara proven? I will give you she has done a very nice job recruiting so far
Exactly. You trying to make my point?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom