Tennessee 2021-22 | The Boneyard

Tennessee 2021-22

Reaction Score
i think the tenn KY game is starting now.... on the LVs.... i am glad they are doing well under Harper ... it certainly is a sea change from the Holly Era..... and it appears they are having fun with all the post game celebrations..... I am still skeptical that all the talk and hoopla may exceed the actual scenario.... For one, the schedule has not been that tough... wins vs Texas Arkansas are good.... but the stiffest competition is yet to come.... the SEC has a lot of good teams.... and post game party on comeback win vs south florida reminded me of Syracuse fans storming the court couple of years back after basketball win vs Florida State.... i.e. pretend like you have been there before.... On the positive Key seems to be a human eraser for blocks and Horston is finally getting a bit better on ball security

Reaction Score
Tennessee played tough down the stretch. They definitely have learned something from Harper that they never had with Holly.

Horston was the hero, but Key won the game for them at the end with timely rebounds and blocks and 4-4 from FT line.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I got to admit, did not think Horston would get control of her top level talent but it appears she is getting it under control.

Reaction Score
It's funny that all the chatter surrounding Tennessee being overrated is all but gone now. I think Harper has done a great job of turning the program back into a solid top 5 team. I'm excited to see SC vs UT matchup, both teams are so similar I want to see how it ends on the court.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think adding the two new assistant coaches Williams and McCorvey has also helped.

Reaction Score
It's funny that all the chatter surrounding Tennessee being overrated is all but gone now. I think Harper has done a great job of turning the program back into a solid top 5 team. I'm excited to see SC vs UT matchup, both teams are so similar I want to see how it ends on the court.
We'll see. I mean just about every ranked team they beat is no longer in the top 25. Texas as the 9th best team is a stretch and if not for officiating they lose that game at home. That leaves Stanford...who they lost to at home. I'll concede a solid top 10, but 5? A 1 seed? That's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time under these volatile times. Do you think if they played SC's nonconference schedule they would have 1 loss?

And lastly, the rise of Horston. She's scoring more because of two factors and one is not that she is a better shooter. She's a better REBOUNDER...which is a good thing because she is an average shooter and that stat has not changed. She's also still turning the ball over at the same rate. The other factor is...Burrell was out. Someone had to make up her scoring. IMO...Horston would have been an AA in a system like Arkansas versus a team that runs a lot of half-court sets.

No doubt Harper has stabilized the program. She deserves a lot of credit for that. Her Achilles is...recruiting. As of now ...she has one, the daughter of a Tenn alum.

Reaction Score
This loss kind of throws a wet blanket on Creme's "time to shine" tomorrow. The lead article will be about Tenn and their 1 seed, So far tonight they are ignoring the question of the 1 seed actually saying that a 10pt loss to Massey No 93 when you were favored by 14 "shouldn't have any effect on their seed".

Reaction Score
This loss kind of throws a wet blanket on Creme's "time to shine" tomorrow. The lead article will be about Tenn and their 1 seed, So far tonight they are ignoring the question of the 1 seed actually saying that a 10pt loss to Massey No 93 when you were favored by 14 "shouldn't have any effect on their seed".
It won’t have any effect but their margin of error just got smaller. They still have UConn and SC plus the rest of the conference slate.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom