Tennessee (13) @ Georgia - 1/13/19 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Tennessee (13) @ Georgia - 1/13/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
How could you not enjoy watching the Lady Vols play so poorly? Now I have trouble watching UConn when they play like they did early in the game today.

I don't always bad mouth the way UConn is playing or not playing....but before I do, I always make sure to tune in and watch the LadyVols games followed by VolNation. :rolleyes: Somehow I feel invigorated watching the LadyVols.

For whatever "issue(s)" UConn is going through now, I'll chalk it up to the January mid-season slump. I'm confident in the man that is leading this team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ward said Tennessee hasn’t lost three games in a row in 33 years. If that’s true, that’s very interesting.
Kinda like UCONN. Except of course for UCONN it's 2 in a row. :D

Reaction Score
One of the reasons Tennessee lost was scoring balance - or should I say lack of balance. Westbrook had 23 points. Next in line was Green with 7. A one woman show in scoring is not going to get you far.

Watching the game, last minute (0:34 left to be exact) Westbrook with ball, I thought Holly took an ill advised time out to "draw a play". In my mind they would have been better if the play just continued, with LadyVols down 1 point.

In that infamous 3rd, from the 5:27 mark (Tenn with 41-33 lead) to 1:37 mark, Tenn did not score while Georgia was making it's comeback. Score at the 1:37 mark was Tenn 41 Georgia 43...with no Holly timeouts during that stretch run.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Honestly I hope this team tanks the rest of the year. That's the only way we have a chance to get Holly out. If we pull out these close games her record looks better and shes more likely to continue coaching. Tennessee doesnt have a shot at the Final Four as long as she is coaching....I would much rather sacrifice one season so we can get someone who actually knows how to coach.

The big issue is her teams always look dreadful on both ends of the court and players regress under her guidance. Players stand around and aren't held accountable for taking plays off or being lazy. Her teams are not enjoyable to watch and every year she takes a group of talented players and drives the season into the ground.

Literally any coach will be able to land good players at Tennessee....the school sells itself for women's basketball. Get someone who can coach and the results and recruits will follow.
ef7604a9b4453b40139ccf578f60ee0769fb4db1244d45185c617dad99bb5c7b.jpg

Holly is doing a wonderful job. You guys just have to give her some time.....like say another 20 years. :D

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Evina was recruited heavily in the state of Oregon. Jamie Nared, Mercedes Russell, and Evina apparently saw something in University of Tennessee.

Not just in Oregon. Evina W. took her official visit to Notre Dame with Megan Walker. That one worked out well for the Irish.....:(:rolleyes:

On the other hand, MM and staff did get Danielle Patterson -- who revered Candace Parker growing up -- to choose South Bend over Knoxville and Dani's making some positive strides her sophomore year.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom