Tenn / TA&M | The Boneyard

Tenn / TA&M

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On SECHD channel - 611 on my DtV. Been looking forward to this one. Syracuse also at Duke tonight. Duke should prevail, because the offense challenged RU has reared its ugly head again, but you never know. Can't find that game on the tube - 47,000 channels have Mississipi playing Florida tonight, but I think I'll skip that one.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I've seen aTm play a few times. Not impressed. The loss to Texas is respectable. But getting blown out by Washington? Yikes. 14 point win over a Vandy team UCONN blew out by 40, and then a 2 point win over Arkansas. Tennessee was crappy earlier, but seems to have righted the ship somewhat. I think Tenn wins by 8-10.

Then again Tenn only beat Vandy by 8 so perhaps these teams are more evenly matched. Tenn just struggles so much on offense that if they aren't hitting the 3-ball, this could be an ugly 55-52 point game...

Reaction Score
Tenn is a 11.5 point favorite? Seems a bit too much, especially after watching
them play Vandy the other night.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Syracuse can absolutely beat Duke. They are a trapping team that forces lots of turnovers and Duke's weakness is ball handling. I think both of these games will be tight. Rooting for Syracuse and Texas A&M. I agree that A&M aren't that impressive but I enjoy watching LV fans squirm.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
After the heights of a national championship in 2011, it seems like aTm is going through withdrawal...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Grant you, A&M is sorta wobbly, but think they have the cohesion and energy to challenge Tenn wherever. Plus, I'm with the Orange Monkey - the more Tenn squirms the better I like it. Would like to see Duke put it together, if only to stop the ranking gyrations! I'm curious who will replace Calhoun, too.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Any uconn fans who are rooting for the vols tonight haha? In all seriousness, the a&m bigs shouldn't be much of a factor tonight. The two Courtney's will have to have really good games if they want to beat Tennessee. One big advantage for Tennessee is the fact that a&m doesn't take a lot of threes. However, if Tennessee continues to shoot poorly tonight AND Harrison gets in foul trouble, all bets are off.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Grant you, A&M is sorta wobbly, but think they have the cohesion and energy to challenge Tenn wherever. Plus, I'm with the Orange Monkey - the more Tenn squirms the better I like it. Would like to see Duke put it together, if only to stop the ranking gyrations! I'm curious who will replace Calhoun, too.

And who will replace McCallie.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, just saw an Ad during a break in this game. Guess it was an SEC Tenn Ad, 'cuz it was a young mother cradling her baby in her arms over the crib, and the baby had a U Tenn T shirt or Uni on, and mom was singing her/him RockyTop and it was sweet. Didn't want to hit anything orange. That's the best part of homerism. Thank God for fans. Otherwise I'd be stuck ranting on the Cesspool!

Ps. Not that I don't love the smell of napalm in the morning!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
OT; Notre Dame struggling against Miami 26-17

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
OT: Notre Dame: Now down 20 at the half…another Stanford?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Message to Holly: Think time out!!

Naw, forget about it. Never change.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A&M was leading the nation in field goal percentage defense at 32.3%.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Key word. You have to admit that Tennessee has been playing well of late.
Yes when this team is hitting outside shots. Too go along with the inside game. This team is really good.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
stwainfan will readily admit that as he's an LV fan. :)

That makes sense; I couldn't tell from the user name. Tonight was very interesting with 3 top ten teams losing. This is shaping up to be a very exciting season!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
And who will replace McCallie.
I would grab someone like Tartamella/St Johns, the Green Bay coach, or maybe even grab one of the ex Uconn player/coaches. There are alot of coaches that have proven they have been able to do alot with alot less talent.

Reaction Score
I would grab someone like Tartamella/St Johns, the Green Bay coach, or maybe even grab one of the ex Uconn player/coaches. There are alot of coaches that have proven they have been able to do alot with alot less talent.

Yes, spot on.... GB coach I like him, many others too..... do not want to rain on UT's parade..... they have been winning, but they still need a coach who is willing to teach offense in a cogent, fundamental way..... not just hustle and shoot and crash boards......

My prediction is Tenn will make it to the Sweet 16 or Elite 8, and people will be singing Holly's praises..... and saluting what a great job she did this year..... and all will be looking forward to next year......

I have seen too many UT games on her watch, and as a former coach, wish I had more confidence in her coaching prowess.....but what the heck they are winning, so congrats to our Tenn friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom