Tenn loses to worst of SEC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tenn loses to worst of SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
. Also, if they continue to play like this UConn and South Carolina will destroy them.
Continue? It was 1 game. They’re still a top 5/6 team , and will be favored against UConn.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
When that game was still close in the 4th, I logged on to WatchESPN to watch. Former Auburn coach Joe Ciampi was doing the color commentary. Was a pretty cool scene there at the end...and when it was over, Johnnie Harris broke out the biggest smile.

Reaction Score
Listening to this game last night, you would have thought that I was an Auburn fan. Great win, Auburn!! By far the biggest upset of the season, so far. I love it!! Made my Friday even more special. Yes!! Yes!!

Reaction Score
When that game was still close in the 4th, I logged on to WatchESPN to watch. Former Auburn coach Joe Ciampi was doing the color commentary. Was a pretty cool scene there at the end...and when it was over, Johnnie Harris broke out the biggest smile.
If you can read lips...she had some choice words for some of her players leaving the game. The ACCESS ONLY clip during halftime showed her at practice. She's tough but very encouraging. You can tell her players respect her. Good for her and Auburn.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well Tenn should drop a couple of places in the polls and brackets. They still have the NEW UConn team without Paige and man I hope shes back but I dont think she will be and I still think we beat Tenn. Tenn also has SC coming up so a couple of more losses will drop them to a 2/3 seed. Theyve already had to many close games.

Reaction Score
Auburn has not won an SEC games in the last 23 games.

Sorry, wrote “OT” But it did not show in the title.
Despite that loss, the only team I care about beating Tennessee is UConn..........it's not going to be easy.......Tenn is a far better team than it has been in years despite the fact that their roster isn't as good.......Harper has done an excellent job getting them to play more consistently at both ends of the court............UConn needs this game badly if they want a better seeding in the big tournament.....

Reaction Score
I admit I’ve been waiting for a game like this. I thought Tennessee looked bad the first few games of the year, and expected them to struggle without Burrell. I’ve been perplexed that my assessment was so far off when they continued to win. They don’t shoot well from 3 or the FT line and turn the ball over a ton. I guess similar to us! Rebounding and defense is what wins them games, which makes for a lot of ugly games.

I’m disappointed they lost. Was hoping we’d get a shot at them with a super high ranking to make a statement.

Reaction Score
I admit I’ve been waiting for a game like this. I thought Tennessee looked bad the first few games of the year, and expected them to struggle without Burrell. I’ve been perplexed that my assessment was so far off when they continued to win. They don’t shoot well from 3 or the FT line and turn the ball over a ton. I guess similar to us! Rebounding and defense is what wins them games, which makes for a lot of ugly games.

I’m disappointed they lost. Was hoping we’d get a shot at them with a super high ranking to make a statement.
I don't think you were off. Look at some of the ranked teams they beat that aren't even ranked anymore. Ranking and stats can throw you off, especially with all these absences. Tenn is just big compared to a lot of teams so they matched up better.

They're a good defensive team because in the SEC, and watch any game, perimeter defenders are allowed to be very handsy. Ironically, TN fans are accusing Auburn of that. They're a good rebounding team because of their length...AND because they follow a lot of their own missed layups. Stats don't reflect that cleanly, but the eye test is not to be underestimated.

Texas was robbed by the refs...and then they lost to Stanford. The rest of their schedule is nothing to sneeze at. We'll see. I respect the TN program, but their fans...not so much. In my mind, if UCONN were 0-30 beating TN would save the season. lol

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
With Azzi back I like our chances alot. With that said Tenn is healthy again and we still miss Paige. I still think we have enough to pull out this game by double digits. Unlike last season when we had Paige and won a close game we have a much improved Liv as well as Caroline and Azzi. We are a much different team with Azzi as we witnessed in the Depaul game where we just never quit. The Tenn will show the World of WCBB that UConn is on its way back.

Reaction Score
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

A UConner's view of Tenn is supposed to approximate the Roman view of Carthage.

[And so Tenn will be #5/6 instead of #4. Big deal.]
Hannibal, of team Carthage, had all the elephants.. but he lost
in the long run. GO HUSKIES! As for Rome: Veni, Vidi, Vici!

Reaction Score
Watched the entire game and there was a little bit of what I call the "UConn Syndrome" at play. Teams always get up for UConn, playing their best with adjustments specific for this one game. Auburn had their foot on the gas the entire game, likely playing their best game in several years. On the coaching side, the 7 second quarter Tenn turnovers were no accident. Seemed that Auburn women knew Tennessee's offense better than the Volunteers.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
To echo @meyers7 (one of my favorite gifs) another Seinfeld classic (Or as @Tonyc and I communicate, Tenn losing is like an extra Christmas present)!!

1643392726404.gif

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I couldn’t believe Harper subbed 4 bench players in early in the first when Tennessee was up 17-7. Seemed to be an arrogant thing to do and Auburn made them pay. Also, if they continue to play like this UConn and South Carolina will destroy them.
I doubt it was an arrogance thing. She subbed in Puckett and Miles at the first media timeout (4:59 of 1Q, with Tennessee up 13-7), and then Key and Saunders at 2:39 with Tennessee up 17-7. Three of those four players average over 20 minutes per game.

From what I've gathered, Harper uses her bench earlier and more frequently than perhaps we're used to seeing, even in the close games.

Reaction Score
LVs have a nice season going. That being said, if you are a Tenn fan, you have to be discouraged by Horston and her 6 turnovers..... thought she was doing better this year on ball security.... she had a lot of points but it matters little if 22 team turnovers lead to 27 opposing points i think..... Tennessee will go nowhere in the tournament if it cannot protect the ball.

How will we do vs. Tennessee? they will be favored but it will be a test for both teams.

Reaction Score
Despite that loss, the only team I care about beating Tennessee is UConn..........it's not going to be easy.......Tenn is a far better team than it has been in years despite the fact that their roster isn't as good.......Harper has done an excellent job getting them to play more consistently at both ends of the court............UConn needs this game badly if they want a better seeding in the big tournament.....
I do not care how Tennessee’s loss affects Connecticut, the upcoming game will take care of itself. The NCAA tournament seeding will take care of itself. All I care about is that Tennessee lost to as lowly an SEC team as can be. I take pleasure in the pain of the sanctimonious volunteer fanbase - which is rather hateful toward the UCONN program and fan base. EVERY Tennessee loss is a good loss in my book.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
The salt is what I was thinking of — defeat them and then lay down salt so that nothing will ever grow again. That’s the analogy I like. :D
Man, we're old.
But my high school Latin teacher, Mr. Pollard, would be happy.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about seeding, if we are healthy with Paige in March UCONN will have a chance to win another NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom