Tenn / Ark | The Boneyard

Tenn / Ark

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Volnation will be growling. Very up and down team. This against unranked Arkansas.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tn seems to play to the level of their competition.
Agreed. They were very up for aTm, who I think is barely a top 20 team at best (JMO) but close games against Mizzou and Vandy indicate this team is not playing overly well. However they continue to squeak out wins while teams ranked ahead of them lose...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ark up 7 with 12 to play. Same old story - guard shooting %es dreadful for Tenn. Harrison only one hitting - probably lay ups.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
In 2008 with Parker the team had a game similar too this one.

Reaction Score
I lol"ed when i read that...that was a good one! It would have been even better tho if stwainfan wasn't able to come back with a similar jab.

What come back ? I don't see a stwainfan response.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Well #14 ranked Mississippi State lost at Vandy.

Reaction Score
Well #14 ranked Mississippi State lost at Vandy.

What possible connection does that have with Tennessee's performance today ?
Mississippi St was undefeated based on their weak schedule so far, SOS #118 as per Sagarin.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
What possible connection does that have with Tennessee's performance today ?
Mississippi St was undefeated based on their weak schedule so far, SOS #118 as per Sagarin.
The point is even if you don't play your best. The important thing is getting the win. Which Tennesee was able too do.

Reaction Score
Well, it's certainly true that Tennessee won today. The conclusion that I've drawn about the SEC is that they are a conference with one very good team, 6 good teams and 7 not so good teams. I expect the results for them will be similar to the past 6 years in the NCAA playoffs.

Reaction Score
What come back ? I don't see a stwainfan response.

IF they were to have responded...they could have used the same ammunition....just a different gun. Thats all I was saying...nothing more, nothing less.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well, it's certainly true that Tennessee won today. The conclusion that I've drawn about the SEC is that they are a conference with one very good team, 6 good teams and 7 not so good teams. I expect the results for them will be similar to the past 6 years in the NCAA playoffs.
We will know more when UCONN faces SC. I guess I consider UCONN a great team, and the rest of WCBB at this point merely good. If UCONN beats SC by more than 20, if we sort of throw Stanford away as an outlier, UCONN will have beaten 2 teams I expect to see at the final 4 by a ton. Wish we played Texas and L'ville this year.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The point is even if you don't play your best. The important thing is getting the win.
Well, not really. The important thing is winning the league and national championships. Sometimes a loss is more important than a win if it points out areas that need development. Seems to me all Tennessee has learned is that it has more talent than just about every team it's played.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I want to play too.... Since both Chatt and TN beat Stanford, does that make your loss to Stanford worse than ours to Chatt. This is too much fun.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I want to play too.... Since both Chatt and TN beat Stanford, does that make your loss to Stanford worse than ours to Chatt. This is too much fun.
Not sure what your point is. If you, as a fan, are thrilled with how Tennessee has played against average to below average competition, but still "eeking" out the win, then I'm thrilled for you as fans.

UCONN fans, on the other hand, go bonkers if we beat an unranked opponent by less than 30. Still, the Tennessee attitude is much better for one's piece of mind I suppose! :)

Reaction Score
If I was Tennessee, I would not at all be happy about the job Holly has done, and I believe she is the most important factor in how far they go or do not go...... but, of course, to listen to Orange Nation fans, most of them are seemingly instantaneously happy with her performance after beating Oregon State, Rutgers, A&M, Stanford, and Arksnsas..... Not a particularly high bar...... But of course, winning is the solution to a million problems

I am sincerely happy for our Tenn friends..... I hope they do well..... a #1 seed is within their grasp..... and of course i hope we play each other in the tournament

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yes Nan winning confrence and national titles is the goal. As for this game. Clearly Tennessee played better in the second half. Tennessee scored 42 points and shot over 50% in second half.

Reaction Score
Our defense is winning us a lot of games. Holly's focus up until Christmas break was almost all about defense. She set a standard in which defense needs to be played and our defense is substantially better this year versus the past two because of it. Our offense is up and down and will continue for the near future it seems but the team was very deliberate in working on ball movement as the game went on and in crunch time it opened up some big holes in the Arkansas defense allowing Ariel to go off from deep and for the high/low to work effectively. So, there is reason for optimism for us Tennessee fans. We are not the best team in the country, but we are a top 10 team at this point because our defense is better than every other team with the exception of UConn. I am very happy that despite the team was without Izzy for a large chunk of the non-conference season, had numerous suspensions to start the year, have players playing through illness (Bash the last two games), injuries and family deaths, Mercedes out for the season, and JJ's concussion issues we still have a team sitting at 14-2 and 4-0 in the SEC (3 wins this past week).

Reaction Score
OK TP3, I shall trust you that Holly is working on getting the pieces in place..... among what worried me were such things as.... 1. she didn't have the respect of her players (ex. here is how i want you to assume a defensive stance posture..... "no, we don't want to do that" ..... so she didn't force the issue) 2. teaching defense at the expense of other facets of the game, assuming the stance that if defense is good, all else will take care of itself...... 3. focusing on fundamentals first and playing as a team......

maybe all will be smooth with the LVs... hope so for your sake...... you have a lot of talent..... and I have not seen anybody come close to questioning that..... all it takes is for the staff to harness that..... Good luck ..... a good last few games for you

Reaction Score
TN has now become insignificant! They join the ranks of-- -- "Remember when we used to be a great program......." Along with Old Dominion, La Tech, GA, Auburn, UVA, SoCal, Rutgers (with CD), The OSU (with Katie Smith), LSU, etc. They have taken a once proud program and made it a laughing stock, where players ignore their coaches and run their own plays for 2 years, where mediocre teams have a shot at beating the Lady Vols every time out, where "the greatest point guard ever recruited", Ariel Massengale, doesn't start anymore, where Oral Roberts/Winthrop/St. Francis (PA)/Lipscomb/TN State/& Wichita State are on the "TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN AMERICA"! And the hits just keep on coming.................. And next year you have Diamond Deshields to do what ever she wants on the basketball court without coaching because she got the same deal that Sylvia Hatchell gave her to go to NoCar! It must really suck to be a Lady Vol fan in 2015!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom