Ten years in a Row @Deepster! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ten years in a Row @Deepster!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I wonder why the men can't go to the Final Four 10 years in a row? Maybe KO should ask Geno for advice? Just sayin!!!!! @Deepster
And what mens team has made it to the final four ten years in a row? (post 1970)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lady vols
Lady techsters
Lady huskies

What's the issue.
Just when I thought you couldn't be more un-American, you Ketchup hating bastard! You are lucky the woman's board doesn't do hangings!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Lady Huskies?
It was directed at Deep who seemingly has a problem with women of any type. But what's the beef with the label on the women's forum? Some of the women huskies not lady like?

CL82

Reaction Score
It was directed at Deep who seemingly has a problem with women of any type. But what's the beef with the label on the women's forum? Some of the women huskies not lady like?
Nope, it's just not the team's name.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Go put up a Lady Huskies titled post over there and come back and talk to me.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Nope, it's just not the team's name.
I figured as much. If I was an instigator @intlzncster I go over there and start a thread titled Geno's girls. That would make for some interesting commentary.

CL82

Reaction Score
I figured as much. If I was an instigator @intlzncster I go over there and start a thread titled Geno's girls. That would make for some interesting commentary.
Probably not actually.

Reaction Score
You sell next years additions a little short. Not only do they add the monster Duke recruit, Azura Stevens, who could be one of the best players in the country they are also adding another transfer who sat out this year, the 53rd ranked target from 2015, Batouly Camara who should add depth. And along with the #1 recruit for 2017, they add another frosh who is in the top 15 and 2 more that are in the top 40.

Bottom line is they lose little and add a ton of talent. They basically played about 6 deep this year and next year they will be far deeper and will be able to do things they couldn't do this year like full court press and be more aggressive.

Geno is setup fantastic for the next 2 years at least.
That's the thing. They really don't have a lot of super naturally talented players on this year's team. Samuelson, Collier and Dangerfield were super high recruits but the rest of that team were not. The players that are playing themselves onto all-America teams developed into that level. They weren't locks as recruits. This myth that Geno gets ALL the best players continues to get traction even though it has been proven false. There are a handful of teams this year with more to much more talent than UConn this year. Tenn probably has the most and they are a train wreck. Next year, however, UConn will be loaded. They will probably win it all in 2018 and 2019. If they win it all this year, they will probably get all the way to 7 in a row and will be looking to tie the Celtics for consecutive championships. Crazy heady stuff.

Reaction Score

That's a pretty wide cast generalization.

I don't care about the Lady Huskies...or whatever they're called. And I don't think female stand up comedians (or is it comediennes) are funny. Other than that, I love women. And they love me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
And I don't think female stand up comedians (or is it comediennes) are funny.

yeah man agreed. they make a bunch of nonsensical vagina jokes and think they are the new Richard Pryor.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's the thing. They really don't have a lot of super naturally talented players on this year's team. Samuelson, Collier and Dangerfield were super high recruits but the rest of that team were not. The players that are playing themselves onto all-America teams developed into that level. They weren't locks as recruits. This myth that Geno gets ALL the best players continues to get traction even though it has been proven false. There are a handful of teams this year with more to much more talent than UConn this year. Tenn probably has the most and they are a train wreck. Next year, however, UConn will be loaded. They will probably win it all in 2018 and 2019. If they win it all this year, they will probably get all the way to 7 in a row and will be looking to tie the Celtics for consecutive championships. Crazy heady stuff.

Like Durham, Williams was rated at high as 11 prior to her ACL. Dropped after.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And I don't think female stand up comedians (or is it comediennes) are funny. Other than that, I love women. And they love me.
yeah man agreed. they make a bunch of nonsensical vagina jokes and think they are the new Richard Pryor.

+2

I, on the other hand, enjoy the women's team. That said, they've become so good, that you can only watch a couple of games a year. The pinnacle was the Taurasi years. Cocky, cold blooded superstar and a hated, relatively equal enemy in TN. Really enjoyable.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
+2

I, on the other hand, enjoy the women's team. That said, they've become so good, that you can only watch a couple of games a year. The pinnacle was the Taurasi years. Cocky, cold blooded superstar and a hated, relatively equal enemy in TN. Really enjoyable.
Although I'm big on the one game at a time thing, I'm hoping to watch this particular team play two MORE times. It's fun to watch 5 players in an animated basketball skills instructional come to life in real time, including multiple options and surprise choices in the moment, while something other than a chair is trying to stop it from happening.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

I don't care about the Lady Huskies...or whatever they're called. And I don't think female stand up comedians (or is it comediennes) are funny. Other than that, I love women. And they love me.
It was sit down comedy Deep and I'm a male so if I typed it standing up it wouldn't have mattered>;)

It's all good. Like it or not you have become the defacto mojo for the women in this forum. So busting you will continue until they win their 12th NC or are eliminated from the tournament.

Reaction Score
It was sit down comedy Deep and I'm a male so if I typed it standing up it wouldn't have mattered>;)

It's all good. Like it or not you have become the defacto mojo for the women in this forum. So busting you will continue until they win their 12th NC or are eliminated from the tournament.

I don't care whether they win or they don't. Have at it, Mojo Gods.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
That's what makes you the perfect mojo - plausible deniability.
And I'm sure Kia doesn't care that you have apathy towards her and the team. So the feelings are mutual and that is how we should all live our lives - perfect apathetic harmony.

Reaction Score
Like Durham, Williams was rated at high as 11 prior to her ACL. Dropped after.
Yeah but she was still a player with a major flaw. She had potential but she also had that flaw in her game. She has been working hard on that while taking advantage of her strengths. She has developed beyond what could be reasonably expected of her based on where she was as a high school senior. And even if you want to include her, we are still well behind several teams in total blue chip talent. Things even out a little next year and, as a result, everyone else is in big trouble.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

You need some Kathleen Madigan in your life. One of the top five comedians of any gender working today.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This is kind of like giving you enough rope to gang yourself. And we thought it was an off year. Well played.

Reaction Score

Screw that. We should continue until the undefeated streak is over! :D

Reaction Score
You need some Kathleen Madigan in your life. One of the top five comedians of any gender working today.

Well, i listened to the first 1:33 and cut bait at the Mexican accent. At what point does it get funny?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom