Ten useless opinions as the season approaches. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ten useless opinions as the season approaches.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yeah, something just doesn't add up to me with this knee situation. From needing 1 1/2 hours to get ready for practice/game activity to playing 30 minutes, I don't get it. I've had kids with ACL tears that afterwards didn't have that much of a swing in their knee condition.
In addition to the bone bruise Batouly also had shoulder surgery shortly after her arrival at UCONN from Kentucky. I'm also afraid that we might be talking about balky knees (plural) with Batouly. I don't care if she was playing 30 minutes this summer at the YMCA or in Africa. 30 MPG is a very encouraging sign for both her health and UCONN.

Reaction Score
In addition to the bone bruise Batouly also had shoulder surgery shortly after her arrival at UCONN from Kentucky. I'm also afraid that we might be talking about balky knees (plural) with Batouly. I don't care if she was playing 30 minutes this summer at the YMCA or in Africa. 30 MPG is a very encouraging sign for both her health and UCONN.
Thanks for the update. I'm curious about what she may have done post-season to improve the knees condition that she couldn't have done previously. I realize that she couldn't work on it during the season since they were desperate for numbers but didn't she have the problems prior to last season?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update. I'm curious about what she may have done post-season to improve the knees condition that she couldn't have done previously. I realize that she couldn't work on it during the season since they were desperate for numbers but didn't she have the problems prior to last season?
The bone bruise was first reported in November 2017 and caused her to miss the opening game against Stanford. She has never been the same since. Not aware of her doing anything different this summer maybe she just need time for it to rest.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
  • Camura has bulky knees, a degree and a bright future outside of basketball. Yet she is back. I think the staff must have plans on playing her significant minutes. Free master's degree?
  • I think Muhl has significant skills. I just don’t know how she fits if Fudd comes. Can she and Bueckers be on the floor at the same time? If Geno trusts her, then she will be on the floor irrespective of other players.
  • I think any comparison to Collier is unfair to Walker. She can handle it which is why she is still at UCONN while he fellow recruits are not. Some fans can't. ;) Phee is a special breed of cat. Cat? Not dog? As in Husky?!
  • I am happy they got Gabriel because she athletic for a “big” but she still has some work to do to be “UConn productive”. Natalie Butler redux?
  • I wonder if hair color is an issue for Edwards. Huh!?
  • Watching Molly make her last shot in both of her rounds to win the three-point contest will make my list of favorite moments for this year. Now that is a low bar!!! :rolleyes:
Camara's knees are surely balky, although they may also be "bulky". ;)

Reaction Score
I think her knee damage included cartilage tears but the issue is not whether she can play it's can she practice? Geno won't put her in unless she practices and if her knees only allow limited practice then she gets limited play. Reminds me of Hunter, who needed all that time too. She would get 12-15 min a game even though she started. Once she came out and sat her knees would act up.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, something just doesn't add up to me with this knee situation. From needing 1 1/2 hours to get ready for practice/game activity to playing 30 minutes, I don't get it. I've had kids with ACL tears that afterwards didn't have that much of a swing in their knee condition.
I'm puzzled too. All I can figure is she benefitted from 2 more months of rest.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
The pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together for this season and recruiting. Here is what i am thinking about:
  1. I think any comparison to Collier is unfair to Walker. I will take a significant jump from sophomore to junior year regardless of the numbers. Phee is a special breed of cat.
If you think being compared with an All-American is unfair, try having the entire season placed upon your shoulders. “She’s (Olivia) got an opportunity to really have a huge impact on what happens to our team this season,” head coach Geno Auriemma said on Tuesday. “You may say, Crystal and some of the other guys and how important they are, and obviously they are, but we do have other guards besides Crystal. Even though Crystal is 100% key, we don’t another 6-foot-5 kid. So you say who’s absolutely critical? Liv. And I think she knows that. I let her know that, every minute of every day.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If you think being compared with an All-American is unfair, try having the entire season placed upon your shoulders. “She’s (Olivia) got an opportunity to really have a huge impact on what happens to our team this season,” head coach Geno Auriemma said on Tuesday. “You may say, Crystal and some of the other guys and how important they are, and obviously they are, but we do have other guards besides Crystal. Even though Crystal is 100% key, we don’t another 6-foot-5 kid. So you say who’s absolutely critical? Liv. And I think she knows that. I let her know that, every minute of every day.”

... and night. ;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Speaking of useless opinions: Geno is like God in this specific way- he does not given you a burden unless he is sure you are capable of carrying it. Liv is more than capable and avoiding foul trouble this year will be priority number 1.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think her knee damage included cartilage tears but the issue is not whether she can play it's can she practice? Geno won't put her in unless she practices and if her knees only allow limited practice then she gets limited play. Reminds me of Hunter, who needed all that time too. She would get 12-15 min a game even though she started. Once she came out and sat her knees would act up.
Hunter could of been the best center ever without the injuries!

Reaction Score
I'm loving this thread--and remembering that the Boneyard is just recovering from a round of major despair at this offseason's poor recruiting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom