Ten Toes In | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ten Toes In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
See vid of BigernMCCracken on the sidelines of MD game ripping into the refs. That would be some pretty strong evidence of 10toesIN. Maybe the quintessential example.
That's not ten toes in. That's a grown ass man being (admirably) obnoxious. Not hatin', just statin'.

Fan's can't be "ten toes in." Spectators can't be "ten toes in." That's not how it works. Fans sit and watch, cheer, intermittently stand up, and sometimes get kicked out.

Reaction Score
Kemba Walker from 41:32 to 42:32

1 minute that defines 10 Toes In

10 toes in is meaning to just watch the 1 minute you were talking about...and then watching the rest of the game

Reaction Score
10 toes in is meaning to just watch the 1 minute you were talking about...and then watching the rest of the game
Haha, I did exactly that too, couldn't help it. And thanks for the mention @OkaForPrez, but I'm just doing what I would be doing anyways, but instead of talking to myself, I'm writing down the things I notice. We all play our part: from incorrigible snarkiness (ahem, @Fishy, ahem), to unrelenting negativity (waaaaay too many to mention, but they help the rest of us by bringing out our indignant homerism in defense), to blind faith (@scrappy2.0). There are a few to me who separate themselves with their dogged dedication, @3uconn, @husky99, and, of course, @tcf15.

I don't know how many hours Timothy Chandler Figueroa (I know thats not his name, but I like to imagine a new one every time I see him post) puts into the various things he does around this site, and uhg.com, all while keeping us abreast of any and all breaking news, but he's gotta be as close to ten toes in as any one fan can be. That would be my vote anyway.

Reaction Score
Ten Toes In. What does it mean to you? Best reply gets an ice cold six pack of rolling rock hand delivered within CT. If winner is outside of CT, I will PayPal the cost to buy a 6 pack of rolling rock. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc.

Huskybass
Ten Toes In, means to me that you tried to be the best teammate, the best student, the best man that you could be and that you tried the very hardest you could to do so. I try to be Ten Toes In to be the best husband, the best father, the best coworker, the best man that I can be every day. I fail a lot. But I succeed a lot too. If you can look in the mirror at night and say I did my very best today and will do my very best tomorrow even if I fail, then you have Ten Toes In.
Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Ten toes in means being willing to explain to your spouse why there is a strange man with a six-pack of cheap beer on the porch.
Cool man, I can handle that pre-req. See you on Sunday, say, quarter to 4?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Ten toes in. The phrase makes me envision an extremely pigeon - toed individual whose toes point at each other.
I don't think that is what Coach Ollie meant....Total dedication and not jumping off the bandwagon when the team doesn't play up to expectations seems a better fit.

Reaction Score
Ten Toes In. What does it mean to you? Best reply gets an ice cold six pack of rolling rock hand delivered within CT. If winner is outside of CT, I will PayPal the cost to buy a 6 pack of rolling rock. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, etc.

Huskybass
Hold the beer. As a fan it means that UConn basketball is the first thing you think about in the morning when you get up and the last thing you think about before you fall asleep, and whatever you think about in between is inefficient use of your brain cells.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's not ten toes in. That's a grown ass man being (admirably) obnoxious. Not hatin', just statin'.

Fan's can't be "ten toes in." Spectators can't be "ten toes in." That's not how it works. Fans sit and watch, cheer, intermittently stand up, and sometimes get kicked out.

While I agree w most of this, there is one caveat imo: when it comes to post season mojo runs, you can (and should) be ten toes in.

Reaction Score
IMG_1324 (1).PNG

10 toes in is me after beating Florida in the Final 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom