Temple's Tyler Matakevich ... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Temple's Tyler Matakevich ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They probably questioned his athleticism but that's what the St. Joe's coaches were trying to get across. When a player has a nose for the ball like Tyler has it sometimes transcends athleticism. Despite his perceived shortcomings his numbers tell a different story and I would still put him in the great category.

WalterFootball.com ranks him the 11th best inside linebacker for the 2016 pro draft. From what I can read he is a projected 5th or 6th draft choice.

We have some pretty good linebacker's of our own and I look forward to seeing EJ Levenberry come on board next year. If he is who I think he is, it will make up for not picking up Matakevich.

Reaction Score
That has zero to do with the conversation.

Sure - but the conversation is meaningless. You are complaining about the decision-making of people that have been run out of town, in large part due to their decision-making.

All of us would love to keep EVERY home-grown serious NFL prospect here. In hindsight, it was a clear mistake not to sign Tyler. And?

Reaction Score
Tyler would have trouble breaking into our starting line up. He is not the most athletic guy. Temple is a much better defensive fit for him, he is a better match for their system.

Not!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
There are far bigger things to be concerned about regarding the performance of UConn football than Tyler Matakevich.

Reaction Score
You really just went back to a post from 9/14 to take exception too?

No, as far as I knew it was a new post and was simply answering a question from first hand information as to why we missed on Tyler Matakevich.

I am not stressing as to why we didn't pick up a quality CT recruit from over three years ago and am all for moving on to the 2015 season.

The only thing that annoys me is when some poster's rationalize that he really isn't that good and he wouldn't have started at UCONN anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom