Temple Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Temple Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was impressive. I would like to find Pasqualoni and give him one of Fishys famous punches to the throat. I feel like Don Corleone when he looks at Sonny on the gurney and says to the funeral guy "Look what they've done to my boy".

I'll start blaming Pasqualoni again once Diaco shows he knows what the hell he's doing out there.

Reaction Score
That was 100 % Levy's fault. Was obvious he had outside man.
but Pudge is right, Whitmer is impossible to block for. I've been saying this forever he is the tackles worst nightmare. They are blocking to form a pocket he rolls out, the Tackle can't see where he wents the end simply peels off the tackle and chases Whitmer down. This is nothing new. It was Cochran's main ability and made the line look better doesn't posses it.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Makes you wonder why UConn doesn't let Whitmer audible when the called play is obviously going to blow up.
yeah.. he should audible to one of the plays we can block. :)

Reaction Score
upstater said:
No it absolutely was not.

This team has been scouted now.

No LT anywhere is expected the guard the wide [art of the field. The opposing coaches know that UConn poses absolutely no threat from the pocket.

I haven't seen a DE try an inside move in ages. Why? Because they don't have to.

You are kidding me. LT (and rt) are often called to take outside man.

You can argue they shouldn't have called that protection because Levy has trouble blocking man up, but that was 100% missed block.

Reaction Score
noeynox said:
but Pudge is right, Whitmer is impossible to block for. I've been saying this forever he is the tackles worst nightmare. They are blocking to form a pocket he rolls out, the Tackle can't see where he wents the end simply peels off the tackle and chases Whitmer down. This is nothing new. It was Cochran's main ability and made the line look better doesn't posses it.

This is also true about whitmer. He will not step into the pocket, and if his first read is covered he panics.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Focus the damn camera! ☺

Reaction Score
"This is not a benching situation. Boyle was expected to play. And with that he crisply completes a pass for 6 to the WR." - commentator.

Tommyboy

Reaction Score
Still a better pass than whitmer has thrown.:)

Reaction Score
You are kidding me. LT (and rt) are often called to take outside man.

You can argue they shouldn't have called that protection because Levy has trouble blocking man up, but that was 100% missed block.

They are called to take the outside man outside.

That's his job. His QB is running right into the pressure. Crazy.

Reaction Score
Stick with Boyle. At least he isn't dropping back 20 yds, and he knew to get rid of it cause he felt the pressue.

Tommyboy

Reaction Score
How bad must our backup offensive lineman be if the starters are the best we have?

Reaction Score
upstater said:
They are called to take the outside man outside.

That's his job. His QB is running right into the pressure. Crazy.

Except he didn't take his man outside. The man ran right by him while keeping tight to Whitmer's outside shoulder. Levy did not touch him.

We are in agreement on Whitmer's refusal to step into a pocket. On that play, there was no pocket because Levy whiffed.

Reaction Score
"This is not a benching situation. Boyle was expected to play. And with that he crisply completes a pass for 6 to the WR." - commentator.
Wish it was a benching situation.

Reaction Score
Except he didn't take his man outside. The man ran right by him while keeping tight to Whitmer's outside shoulder. Levy did not touch him.

We are in agreement on Whitmer's refusal to step into a pocket. On that play, there was no pocket because Levy whiffed.

A LT is never going to block a DE that runs a 4.75 40 as he takes a straight path upfield. He's guarding his inside and he weighs 290 pounds.

Reaction Score
All I know is Carpetbagger Randy did not leave the team like this

I totally agree Pasqualoni was awful. My fear right now is that we have much bigger problems than the fact Pasqualoni gutted this program.

Reaction Score
upstater said:
A LT is never going to block a DE that runs a 4.75 40 as he takes a straight path upfield. He's guarding his inside and he weighs 290 pounds.

If he ran straight up field, he would have taken himself out of play. He didn't run straight up the field.

Reaction Score
Our defense is good to very good. They simply get no help on offense and get worn down. there are playmakers all over the defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom