Temple Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Temple Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Shut him down in the first half. But he is always a threat to beat you. Our QB is always a threat to beat us.

Yeah he's good. And I'd love to have him but he shut himself down in the first half at times.

Reaction Score
Boyle is not playing because of what Fishy stated earlier. Doesn't want him to get killed this year, will wait until next season.

Reaction Score
That would have a little something to do with coaching no? Casey was wise to retire though. He'd be permanently damaged by this abuse.
I just can't believe that the staff would not play Boyle a lot more if they thought he was even equal to Whitmer.

Reaction Score
Our offensive line is absolutely horrible in all phases. Can't run block, can't pass block and poor recognition when the defense blitzes. I don't like Whitmer much as our starter, Boyle would get killed back there with this line of ours. Our defense is gassed as our offense gives our opponents free points and excellent field position.

This team lacks talent on offense. Diaco was handed young o linemen and its killing our team.

Sad, sad year this will be...

Reaction Score
How bad is Boyle if Whitmer us a better chance to compete? Other than Davis and maybe Newsome at some point these skill position players are awful.

We have no idea how good our skill players might be. Even if the line could block CW has limitations.

Reaction Score
Whitmer tells us all we need to know about Boyle. As incredibly bad as Whitmer is Boyle can't get more than a couple of meaningful snaps a game.

Has nothing to do with skills. When he said he's protecting TB he meant it.

Reaction Score
The talent on this team if far better than they are playing. They are not even playing remotely competitive football. This is a serious coaching problem. We keep hearing about 'building a culture', but losing bad every week is the only culture that fans see. Each game the same mistakes and the same results. Diaco may yet turn this around, but at this point he is looking like P jr.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I'm running in the Tunnel To Towers run in NYC tomorrow in honor of my wife's cousin Orio Palmer, who was a Battalion Chief who died on 9/11 after climbing all the way to the impact zone in the South Tower...
I gave my two season tickets to a fellow firefighter so he and his wife could go to their first UConn game.

As excited as I am to partake in the NYC run tomorrow, I'm just as embarrassed to have a good friend and his wife travel 70 minutes to witness this crap show.

They don't know about the process. They dot know "tapping the rock" or about the love and understanding and huggy feely BS.

They just left after three quarters and I can't blame them one bit.

Tomorrow I'm giving 100% for 343 guys who gave it all.

Wish our entire team could say the same. I understand the need for patience and I want to understand the process. I'm not a football coach nor a football wizard of any type, but if I were a head coach I hope I'd find some way to motivate my O Line...any way...and find some kind of personal pride. This is gut-wrenching and a goshdarn embarrassment.

Reaction Score
we are completely out of this game why not get Boyle some snaps?

Reaction Score
He has 4 years. Do you feel bad for anyone else on an awful team?
I feel bad for Davis, with a decent qb throwing him the ball he could have worked his way up to the 2nd or 3rd round. Now he has to hope he stands out at the draft camp.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That punt summed up 3.5 years of nonsense. High school JV teams look better than that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They are paying someone 10 million dollars to coach a team that tackles the punt returner with the ball in the air.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
LRock34 said:
we are completely out of this game why not get Boyle some snaps?

No idea but I am starting to think our coach is an empty shirt.

Reaction Score
UConn is poorly coached. When will all these errors reflect back on the coach...it's his team.

How dare you say that. Don't you know Diaco is god?

I can't wait for the threads about how we are getting better. This is a total embarrassment but I'm sure the usual posters will tell us about how this is all PP fault.

There is a reason Diaco could not get a head coaching job after being the D coordinator of the year on a team that played for the national championship & had the defensive player of the year. He is a fraud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom