Temple game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Temple game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Temple finally gets off the field. A couple of mistakes there by Phillips and Whitmer.

Reaction Score
Now we just need the defense to get turnovers and maybe p will use a timeout

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Temple can't drive the length of the field against our D. You punt the ball there.

So long the playcalling remains aggressive, we are fine.

Reaction Score
nope, 4th and 1 on the 43, you go for it.
Pretty slim chance that choosing to punt there becomes a positive. The best your offense has looked all season long, in the opponent's territory, in the "grey area" where punts most often result in touchbacks anyway....let's not go into the "4 corners" offense please.

Reaction Score
daminit.

So much for stepping on their throats.

How do you give up at TD run in the red zone when you know a run is coming?

Reaction Score
Now they will run the ball and the clock will tick down and the staff will be happy with a 7 point halftime lead.

Reaction Score
nope, 4th and 1 on the 43, you go for it.
Shocking. Make a super conservative call when you could step on a team's neck, and it comes back to haunt you. I'm shocked. Only I'm not. DeLeone is a joke.

Reaction Score
Now they will run the ball and the clock will tick down and the staff will be happy with a 7 point halftime lead.
Sad. Just like they were perfectly happy SQUEEZING out a win against Buffalo. Either Coach P is denying how bad the playcalling/approach is, or worse, he's fine with it. To think he explained it away like he was perfectly comfortable in the post game press conference against Buffalo playing for the hope that UB's "Hail Mary" would fall short. Way to aim for the stars. I was pretty positive about the Coach P hire (not excited, but overall, pleased), and I recognize he brought in some transfers that appear will be solid for us for a couple years, but overall-we need a new field general sooner rather than later IMO. I don't see him driving the team into the ground, but I see wheel-spinning in our future with him as long as he clings to his bromance with DeLeone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom