Temple accepts | The Boneyard

Temple accepts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sweet. Though the BE would have been better off using half of that $20 million to bring in Boise State.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
So our already unattractive home schedule now has WVU replaced by Temple. Ugh!

Maybe I should cancel my season ticket request and wait until UConn has a $50 deal for season tickets on Groupon!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
All home games are fun as long as the crowd is loud. Go scream your head off and have a few beers. I would love to be at every game but I live too far away. Temple, WVU whatever. Who cares. Grill some and have some fun.

Reaction Score
All home games are fun as long as the crowd is loud. Go scream your head off and have a few beers. I would love to be at every game but I live too far away. Temple, WVU whatever. Who cares. Grill some **** and have some fun.

You've got the right idea HH! Go to the game, enjoy the tailgating, be an active fan and cheer on the team! Don't go to be a "film critic"..... disguised as a football fan!! :) We need more proactive fans and fewer reactive ones!

Reaction Score
So now our schedule looks something like this:

OOC
vs. UMass
vs. NC State
@ Maryland
@ Western Michigan
vs. Buffalo
--------------------------
Big East Games
@Syracuse
@USF
@Louisville
@Rutgers
vs. Pittsburgh
vs. Cincinnati
vs. Temple

Is there any way that we can buy out of that Western Michigan game and replace it with another BCS team?

Reaction Score
We need to get Western Michigan back for last season. All-time records do matter.

Reaction Score
We have an all-time losing record with Temple. Hopefully, this new Big East can rectify that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We have an all-time losing record with Temple. Hopefully, this new Big East can rectify that.

Seriously? You care about that?

I think we're 0-4 against the Stevens' Institute. They gave up football 90 years ago, but I know where they live if you want to egg their house or something.

Hopefully, we can bounce the hell out of this half-assed Chex-Mix of a conference and leave our overall record against Temple in the same dusty corner that we left Stevens'.

Reaction Score
Seriously? You care about that?

I think we're 0-4 against the Stevens' Institute. They gave up football 90 years ago, but I know where they live if you want to egg their house or something.

Hopefully, we can bounce the hell out of this half-assed Chex-Mix of a conference and leave our overall record against Temple in the same dusty corner that we left Stevens'.
Programs that are no longer at our level or don't exist anymore, you can forget about them. But programs that are at the level we are at? You can ask fans of schools that have been at the top tier longer than we have. It's all about bragging rights.

I wouldn't count Temple out of the BCS world. They do have a very large student body.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We need to get Western Michigan back for last season. All-time records do matter.
is this for real? we need to get western michigan back?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
and holy poop, just read the rest of the thread.

Reaction Score

Fishy expects you to arrange the series against the Stevens Institute.

Kidding, but in all seriousness, I rather just win the game and not worry about the records, last season we left on the table.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Butchy, please stop posting on this topic. It's for your own good.

Reaction Score
I will only agree with Butchy if the opponent was West Virginia or Boston College :)

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I guess UMAss will join the BE in the future so we can even things up. Can't wait.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hold your nose and shake your head.

There's no place in the universe where the all-time series against WMU matters.

Reaction Score
I guess UMAss will join the BE in the future so we can even things up. Can't wait.
This would be kind of cool, but UMass is only expanding their stadium in Amherst to 25K.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This would be kind of cool, but UMass is only expanding their stadium in Amherst to 25K.
According to some on this board, that's easily overlooked. Not to mention if Temple was playing in a 25k stadium they still wouldn't sell it out unless PSU plays there.

Reaction Score
According to some on this board, that's easily overlooked. Not to mention if Temple was playing in a 25k stadium they still wouldn't sell it out unless PSU plays there.
Time will tell what comes to be. UConn is a pleasant surprise, wouldn't you say?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we dont want another bcs team in new england. not anytime soon. umass in the mac is perfect for the next 25 years for us. it allows us to build more and more and be the big public in the area with the highest football level. it allows us to focus on quietly being better than bc. it alows a nice rivarly to be played and not hurt a sos or recruiting. playing 1 mac school a year is a good idea imo for the schedule and its even better when its a old time rival that u can get in ct most years and when its not its at a easy fan spot for our fans. it also won't hurt recruiting as we are a level above(rare kid choices im sure will happen). it also starts the pattern that we will see unh and maine one day join in the mac and uri will get its back. by then bc will be so freaking down the drain that they will join and there will be a northeast football league that were just to dam good for just like we would be in bball. they can have a league that plays mac level football, big time hockey, bball and the whole time i hold my middle finger up with my tounge out. /drunkrant

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Temple is a complete dog. They're a known quantity and they were unfit for the conference when the Big East was the Big East and not whatever this muddle is now.

Even now, their primary attraction to the conference is nothing past the fact that they have 85 players who are at 98.6 Fahrenheit and that their ties to where they are can be quickly severed. We're buying long-term misery for short-term gain.

I'm not even going to pretend to understand the thought process that would come up with UMass as a viable addition - that's a brain stem injury, not an idea.

But, anywho, if I put one of these ":)" here, everything will be okay because it is all about thinking positive.

Lemme throw a few more out there just to be sure - :D, :), ;), :p, :cool:, :rolleyes:!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
temple bball takes the subway to some bball games in phili. they claim its for the players to get in touch with the roots of the comunity and get the vibe etc. i claim its becuase they don't have enough $$ rent a bus. they have alot of great tools at there door, a big stadium to play in, a city that likes bball etc. they failed once before, what makes anyone think they can grab sucess this time around considering the BE is 5% what it was the first time around for them. schools like temple and memphis are great cuas type schools. not so much bcs schools. :D:p:eek::);):mad::mad::confused:;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom