Temple accepts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Temple accepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Time will tell what comes to be. UConn is a pleasant surprise, wouldn't you say?
UConn had a world of advantages over Temple now and UMass at any time in the future. Just because both may be in our future doesn't mean it's a desirable outcome.

Reaction Score
We need to get Western Michigan back for last season. All-time records do matter.
Wow. Well then I hope our new AD can get that rematch w/ U. New Haven scheduled ASAP. We owe them for '92 (or was it '93)?

Reaction Score
Wow. Well then I hope our new AD can get that rematch w/ U. New Haven scheduled ASAP. We owe them for '92 (or was it '93)?
I have no idea. I think we need to get Coast Guard Academy back, too. And Trinity, Wesleyan and Yale. And Springfield College. Who else...

Reaction Score
Damn, we did lose to New Haven in 1992. First game of my freshman year. How the heck could we lose to New Haven?

Reaction Score
Damn, we did lose to New Haven in 1992. First game of my freshman year. How the heck could we lose to New Haven?

By any chance Butchy, are you in the same category that believes we should play Holy Cross each year in basketball since we have a record of 22-42 against them.

Reaction Score
By any chance Butchy, are you in the same category that believes we should play Holy Cross each year in basketball since we have a record of 22-42 against them.
Yup. Let them taste domination now!

Reaction Score
We need to get Western Michigan back for last season. All-time records do matter.
I agree with you..and I am willing to bet the players do as well. Of course, we all know players/students no longer matter in the world of college athletics. Neither does competition and honor....but those things just get in the way so who needs them?

Reaction Score
I agree with you..and I am willing to bet the players do as well. Of course, we all know players/students no longer matter in the world of college athletics. Neither does competition and honor....but those things just get in the way so who needs them?
Maybe they don't know of anyone who went to Western Michigan.

Reaction Score
We got a series at the wrong time with them. That was a dark era in UConn football. Here's a tidbit I found about them:

"They were one of the first 5 College football teams."

Here's an actual list of the first 5 schools.

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/waits/1872/byrate1.html

Quite an interesting history we have. Played on the oldest fields and played the oldest teams.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if losing 35-0 to Stevens Institute constitutes an interesting history.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Of course it's an interesting history!! The rise of a little agricultural school in eastern Connecticut from obscurity to national prominence, playing on the biggest stages, is more than just interesting. If you consider the fact that Central Connecticut was in existence at least a couple of decades before Connecticut Agricultural College (UConn) was, look at the two schools now (nothing wrong with CCSU, but just speaking about the national recognition).

It's okay that we didn't have stories involving people named the "Gipper" or anything like that, but we have a colorful history that is cool to learn and review. Really fun stuff....

....I still don't want to play Stevens or New Haven again, though....

Reaction Score
At the very beginning we were in total obscurity. Then we began to play elite private and public area institutions. Some dominated, some didn't. We've had our good years. For many years, the private schools had more money invested in developing athletic programs than most area public schools did, besides maybe Army and Navy. Last year, we tied Fordham in the all-time series, and they still have more points scored in the series, by a few. Been several decades since we played them. The football program took sharp turns in development after WW1 and then WW2. We're now at least one of the torchbearers in the New England/tri-state area and and have some deep old traditions in the New England/ tri-state area. Yes, Stevens Institute kicked our asses. Through our history are represented the efforts of prominent area institutions to play our school. Now we're on top. We're now a world-class research university. It is surreal. We have traditions in our athletic programs. BC is scared to play us in football. They are one school we need to play. Many times.

Reaction Score
Wow! Things just keep getting worse and worse for UConn football. Soon the Old Yankee Conference will be resurrected. The only new wrinkle is that they'll want to offer membership to Temple. Awful, awful, this year's home schedule.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I see we've found some yellow milk in our cereal bowl this morning, huh TDH?

Thank you for your interest in Connecticut athletics...

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
So our already unattractive home schedule now has WVU replaced by Temple. Ugh!

Maybe I should cancel my season ticket request and wait until UConn has a $50 deal for season tickets on Groupon!:rolleyes:

Hahahahaha awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Wow! Things just keep getting worse and worse for UConn football. Soon the Old Yankee Conference will be resurrected. The only new wrinkle is that they'll want to offer membership to Temple. Awful, awful, this year's home schedule.
I'd still like to see what we can do with the schedule we have before complaining too much about it. If we start dominating, then fine. Let's win first, complain later.

Reaction Score
Complaining about our schedule being too easy after we failed to make a bowl game last year does not make sense to me.

Reaction Score
I see we've found some yellow milk in our cereal bowl this morning, huh TDH?

Thank you for your interest in Connecticut athletics...

And the little brown things floating in yours (yea, the BE got Temple) ain't Coco Puffs, my man.

Reaction Score

TDH: would you mind doing me a favor? PM me when you're done whining about stuff we can't control. So I don't have to read you repeat how unhappy you are three gazillion times until then? Thanks.

If I told you we all get that you think the new reality sucks, any chance you'd stop repeating it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom