????? Televised Game ????? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

????? Televised Game ?????

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
I'm in CT and my wife is addicted to Frontier (doesn't carry SNY) :(:eek:. With my apologies and thanks:

1. Can I stream SNY for games and the analysis live while keeping Frontier as my cable provider? Sorry, but I'm not savvy with all the different streaming technology options and products that have been discussed in this thread. Suggestions?

2. As I understand it conference games (away only?) may be on FS1 or 2 (which I have). Is this true?

3. I'm so glad fans have UConn replays as backup. Does anyone know if replays can be sent from my Mac to a smart Sony TV (or accessed directly by the TV?) while maintaining good picture quality using, for example, an HDMI cable or a wireless signal to the smartTV?

Guidance is greatly appreciated! TY!!
I will try my best and admit that I am not an expert.
1. How to stream SNY games is not known at this time, especially for out of market fans. You might be in SNY's market but I believe that you still need a TV provider that carries SNY.

2. SNY and Fox Sports have an agreement to broadcast the games, most likely just Big East conference games. They most likely will be on FS1 or FS2 BUT again, no one really knows until someone can actually see the Fox Sports broadcast schedule for the days of the games.

3. For the game replays you only need access to a web browser. If your Sony TV has an internet "app", then that's all you need.

Hope this helps.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
This is why I haven't jumped on the cord cutting train. What I want is the ability to subscribe to any individual channel no matter where I am located in the country. Media, whether it be TV, movies, and music, makes it very hard for their (potential) customers for some reason.
Take a look at YouTubeTV. The channels are fairly comprehensive and price isn't unreasonable.

Reaction Score
I'm in CT and my wife is addicted to Frontier (doesn't carry SNY) :(:eek:. With my apologies and thanks:

1. Can I stream SNY for games and the analysis live while keeping Frontier as my cable provider? Sorry, but I'm not savvy with all the different streaming technology options and products that have been discussed in this thread. Suggestions?

2. As I understand it conference games (away only?) may be on FS1 or 2 (which I have). Is this true?

3. I'm so glad fans have UConn replays as backup. Does anyone know if replays can be sent from my Mac to a smart Sony TV (or accessed directly by the TV?) while maintaining good picture quality using, for example, an HDMI cable or a wireless signal to the smartTV?

Guidance is greatly appreciated! TY!!

1. No, in order to stream SNY games you must have a subscription to SNY via a Satellite, Cable, or Streaming provider like YoutubeTV or FuboTV.

2. SNY has purchased the rights to 18 UConn conference games, that means all but 2 of UConn's Big East games will be on SNY. The remaining 2 will be on either FS1 or FS2

3.Yes, you can send replay videos from your computer to your TV via an HDMI cable or cast them wirelessly, you can also watch them directly on your TV as long as your TV has an internet browser built in.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Anyone else picturing this like this?

1605741829745.png

"Honey, come quick, I'm watching the internet on the tv. YES! ON THE TV!"

Reaction Score
I just lost Starz and Encore on Comcast. When I called I was told that they did not renew their subscription service. They also told me that it would make no difference in my bill because I'll still "Recieve" the other channels. Does anyone know of any person or organization I can contact to complain. It just seems they either drop these channels or, and this is the one that really irritated me, they take a favorite one and place it in another package you have to pay extra for. It often seems that half on the channels are geared to selling on-line. These people are paying Comcast to advertise for them and they are charging us to watch it. I thought one of the original ideas of cable was to eradicate advertising. I must live in a fantasy world. Sorry for going off on a tangent. Must be the quarantine.

Reaction Score
I just lost Starz and Encore on Comcast. When I called I was told that they did not renew their subscription service. They also told me that it would make no difference in my bill because I'll still "Recieve" the other channels. Does anyone know of any person or organization I can contact to complain. It just seems they either drop these channels or, and this is the one that really irritated me, they take a favorite one and place it in another package you have to pay extra for. It often seems that half on the channels are geared to selling on-line. These people are paying Comcast to advertise for them and they are charging us to watch it. I thought one of the original ideas of cable was to eradicate advertising. I must live in a fantasy world. Sorry for going off on a tangent. Must be the quarantine.
They pulled that two years ago and dropped SNY, so I dropped them. They said I had a contract for four more months, so I said try and get it, they didn’t!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
"Beyond this place of wrath and tears, Looms but the Horror of the shade,..."

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I know SNY and Fox will be broadcasting the UConn and Big East games. For games like UConn vs Louisville, Baylor, Tennessee and South Carolina ESPN might broadcast those.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I know SNY and Fox will be broadcasting the UConn and Big East games. For games like UConn vs Louisville, Baylor, Tennessee and South Carolina ESPN might broadcast those.
I believe that the UConn home games are the exclusive rights of Fox networks. If Fox doesn't carry it then SNY has the rights before ESPN. Home games are the exclusive rights of the conference that the home team is in. Now if the game is like the HOF or Play for Kay, then it would be ESPN.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I believe that the UConn home games are the exclusive rights of Fox networks. If Fox doesn't carry it then SNY has the rights before ESPN. Home games are the exclusive rights of the conference that the home team is in. Now if the game is like the HOF or Play for Kay, then it would be ESPN.

Thank you!! I didn't think about that.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
With the season allowed to begin 6 days from now, I would think that these networks would be somewhat organized by now and: let the public know what games they will carry, and the settled dates for the televised games.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
With the season allowed to begin 6 days from now, I would think that these networks would be somewhat organized by now and: let the public know what games they will carry, and the settled dates for the televised games.
The Big East has said that they will announce the rest of the regular season schedule in December.

Reaction Score

Yes, I stopped complaining about Comcast long time ago. I decided to look into the live TV streaming services YouTube TV, HULU TV (only from last couple years) or any other live streaming service that carry channels you currently watch with Comcast. Could not completely "cut the cord" from Comcast, I still have/need their internet so I can do "live streaming" services.

Pull up a chair and use Mr Google to search for "Best Live TV Streaming Services 2020". Compare channels, prices, (RSN) Regional Sports Networks...if you're in the SNY market area, that may simplify your choices of live streaming services to decide on. Currently I believe HULU Live TV, YouTube TV and Fubo TV carry SNY.

Note: to see which channels/RSN you will receive with each service, you add your zip code somewhere on their webpage. Some of these, if not all, also have a free trial period...usually 7 days or longer.

Below is a link to get you started. If you do decide to go this route good luck. It's for the reasons you mentioned about Comcast that made me cut the cord from them.

Reaction Score
Yes, I stopped complaining about Comcast long time ago. I decided to look into the live TV streaming services YouTube TV, HULU TV (only from last couple years) or any other live streaming service that carry channels you currently watch with Comcast. Could not completely "cut the cord" from Comcast, I still have/need their internet so I can do "live streaming" services.

Pull up a chair and use Mr Google to search for "Best Live TV Streaming Services 2020". Compare channels, prices, (RSN) Regional Sports Networks...if you're in the SNY market area, that may simplify your choices of live streaming services to decide on. Currently I believe HULU Live TV, YouTube TV and Fubo TV carry SNY.

Note: to see which channels/RSN you will receive with each service, you add your zip code somewhere on their webpage. Some of these, if not all, also have a free trial period...usually 7 days or longer.

Below is a link to get you started. If you do decide to go this route good luck. It's for the reasons you mentioned about Comcast that made me cut the cord from them.

Mbr, thank you so much for that info. Will explore it this morning after coffee to keep my eyes open.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
As of yesterday, UConn's scheduled Big East games in December have their start times as "TBD". Kinda hard to find out if they will be televised when the start time has not been confirmed.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
As of yesterday, UConn's scheduled Big East games in December have their start times as "TBD". Kinda hard to find out if they will be televised when the start time has not been confirmed.
Well, at least let the teams know an hour before game time, so they will have time to put their uniforms on.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think once you get used to everything, it's better once you cut the cord. I have yet to find the one provider that gives exactly what I want but turning services on and off is so easy I can make do. And check your credit cards for deals. For example, Amex had $5 off per month for Fanatiz (soccer) making it $2.99. Another card has a deal for CBS All Access.

Reaction Score
"Flosports"? This stuff kills me. These streaming services are popping up like weeds. Like people are going to subscribe to watch one game (And they will probably broadcast 1 UCONN game per year). Who made this crazy deal? UCONN or the Big East?
Last year Flosports had a one month free trial, which enabled me to watch Uconn in Puerto Rico (or wherever they began in their opening tournament). What they are counting on, of course, is you will forget that a monthly subscription kicks in unless you remember to cancel it. They do have lots of events, but I was only interested in UConn. I finally cancelled after about three months of wasted money. But that is my fault.

Reaction Score

I don't know if this helps, or if someone else posted it. Info/schedule on FloSports.

I'm skeptical of a streaming service named after the CEO. Too much ego>>>too high payments. But if this is what it takes to watch UConn....

Reaction Score
Just tried to sign up for a vpn, too frustrating. Anyone have a vpn that isn’t a hassle to install?

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Who can recommend a comparison review about VPN services?

Look here: Comparison – The Top Five VPN
My choice is the #3 ranked NordVPN. Used it when traveling in Europe. Not hard to install and setup, and it worked flawlessly. Good luck. Let us know if it can outfox the cable provider for games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom