Teams we are rooting for today | The Boneyard

Teams we are rooting for today

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
By the end of the day we want to be back on the 4-seed line going into the BET and we also want to see the Big East get 7 teams in. Here are the teams we want to win today.

Big East:
UConn
Nova
Marquette
Creighton
Xavier

SEC:
LSU
Tennessee
Kentucky

OVC:
Murray State

MVC:
Loyola

WCC:
San Francisco

A-10:
Davidson
Saint Louis

MW:
Fresno State
Nevada

ACC:
Louisville
Clemson

B1G:
Purdue

Pac-12:
Washington State
Utah

Reaction Score
Now that Belmont is eliminated, I'd love Murray State to win the OVC outright. Also rooting for Loyola-Chicago: they shouldn't be on the bubble, but I don't trust the committee putting them in if they need an at-large bid. I love San Francisco this year too: hope they beat BYU to pad their resume.

Reaction Score
By the end of the day we want to be back on the 4-seed line going into the BET and we also want to see the Big East get 7 teams in. Here are the teams we want to win today.

Big East:
UConn
Nova
Marquette
Creighton
Xavier

SEC:
LSU
Tennessee
Kentucky

OVC:
Murray State

MVC:
Loyola

WCC:
San Francisco

A-10:
Davidson
Saint Louis

MW:
Fresno State
Nevada

ACC:
Louisville
Clemson

B1G:
Purdue

Pac-12:
Washington State
Utah
Remind me as to why we don't want Hall to beat the Jays?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
We don't want St. Louis to win. We need VCU to stay in the top 50 of the NET.

We'd also like a SH win so that they might get to the top 30.

If you want a high seed, you need Q1 wins on your team sheet
We need the 4-seed in the BET. Much rather face Providence than Nova in the semis.

shizzle787

Reaction Score

If VCU wins, they could bump out a Big East team.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
A lot of people are really hoping we stay as the 4 seed in the BET. It's dumb
We are not beating Nova again. Therefore, we need to avoid them as long as possible.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Some of us have confidence in UConn. I guess you don't, let's just pack up our bags and go home
Has nothing to do with confidence. It has to do with matchups. We were not even the best team in our conference in 2014 yet we won the whole thing. Had we run into Louisville a 4th time we would have lost a 4th time. Marquette would rather face Nova than us.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Some of us have confidence in UConn. I guess you don't, let's just pack up our bags and go home

Has nothing to do with confidence. It has to do with matchups. We were not even the best team in our conference in 2014 yet we won the whole thing. Had we run into Louisville a 4th time we would have lost a 4th time. Marquette would rather face Nova than us.
We can beat anyone if we play "maniacally hard," as Hurley put it; and we can lose to anyone if we don't.

If we need to play like dogs--and we do--we shouldn't be worried about who we're playing. Just be a dog.

MJ1

Reaction Score
And full disclosure, I have BET tickets for Thursday night session and I want to see UConn. If they are 4 seed they would play Thursday afternoon. Bummer!

Reaction Score
It's ridiculous to think we want to avoid Nova and get PC; people are acting like PC is little sisters of the poor. Are they lucky this year? Obviously. Are they a damn good team who match up really well with UConn? Absolutely. And to win the BET, it's foolish to think we wont play both of these teams. They're the cream of the crop this year, and I would not be surprised at all to see PC make it to the BE Championship game. Same goes for Nova. Who cares what order we get them in

Reaction Score
Except it's not like Louisville because we've already beaten Nova this year, sure it's a tough matchup but that's what I want. Give me as many tough matchups as we can get to be prepared for March

Reaction Score
If VCU wins, they could bump out a Big East team.
Selfishly for UConn I want VCU to keep rolling to an at-large so our neutral win gains importance. VCU has been playing great, won 11 of last 12, surprised they aren't in the field yet but if they win at St. Louis today that should get them close to the good side of the bubble.

I know people say the bubble is weak but if a team like VCU is still on the wrong side it's not that weak...they are pretty good. They had 2 bad loses in November but 14-3 in A-10 is usually good enough for a bid. Xavier is really the only BE team on the bubble, Creighton close to a lock imo, and X has been terrible past month (1-7).

Last edited:
Reaction Score

along those lines we also want Johnnies to beat Marquette. Johnnies are right on the edge of top 75 right now.

Reaction Score
Selfishly for UConn I want VCU to keep rolling to an at-large so our neutral win gains importance. VCU has been playing great, won 11 of last 12, surprised they aren't in the field yet but if they win at St. Louis today that should get them close to the good side of the bubble.

I know people say the bubble is weak but if a team like VCU is still on the wrong side it's not that weak...they are pretty good. They had 2 bad loses in November but 14-3 in A-10 is usually good enough for a bid. Xavier is really the only BE team on the bubble and VCU is more deserving than X at this point.
VCU is the 2nd to last at large team in the field on Bracket Matrix so they're definitely trending the right direction. Another 2 wins and they should get in safely

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom