Teams that Hurley and UConn beat out for the three recent commits... | The Boneyard

Teams that Hurley and UConn beat out for the three recent commits...

Reaction Score
Nevada (top 10 team next year), Ohio State, Pitt, Seton Hall x2, Rutgers, Xavier, URI, George Mason, and Oklahoma. Was able to beat out many big time programs, and locked up all three guys within a matter of days.

I know we're all looking forward to the 2019 class, but I think Hurley's ability to lock these guys down is a sign of things to come.

Reaction Score
Yeah the competition for these kids was strong. The fact that we got them on campus first and pulled off a commitment in a matter of days is a very good sign for the future.

Let's get some '19 recruits locked up this summer and keep the momentum going.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nevada (top 10 team next year), Ohio State, Pitt, Seton Hall x2, Rutgers, Xavier, URI, George Mason, and Oklahoma. Was able to beat out many big time programs, and locked up all three guys within a matter of days.

I know we're all looking forward to the 2019 class, but I think Hurley's ability to lock these guys down is a sign of things to come.
Still doomed, but yeah. :)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Mushroom, please

That's the one thing I don't like about Hurley. If he can get sucked in by the bogus health claims of "mushroom coffee", no telling what other BS he may buy into down the road. I like the guy and what he's done, but "mushroom coffee" is purely for suckers.

Reaction Score
Point taken but we did have very strong built in advantages for at least 2 of the 3.

Reaction Score
That's the one thing I don't like about Hurley. If he can get sucked in by the bogus health claims of "mushroom coffee", no telling what other BS he may buy into down the road. I like the guy and what he's done, but "mushroom coffee" is purely for suckers.
Maybe he just likes the taste. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
... coffee is for Closers

He is earning it.
Is this the new "Confirmed"
dunkin-donuts-.jpg

Reaction Score
That’s like 60% of recruiting. Relationships

Probably even more than 60% but still. Closing is impressive regardless, all I'm saying is that we had some serious built in advantages.

Reaction Score
How do you know?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't see any top ten programs on that list.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
How do you know?

I've been a coffee professional for years and understand coffee chemistry, food science and biology. Black coffee on its own has significant health benefits. If the component chemicals in mushrooms were truly a revolutionary leap for anti-aging or anti-cancer, then we'd see a whole lot of mushroom products on the shelves at GNC and not just in coffee.

Not to mention, mushroom coffee is a popular MLM product because it has no market in regular retail. It needs shysters to sell the crap.

If you really want to argue with me on this, I imagine you're ripe for paying a substantial amount for penis enlargement contraptions.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Just because those teams are listed as interested doesn't mean that they were flat out recruiting the kid
Not raining on anyone's parade but all these teams were not busting down any of these guys doors - but the names of teams interested is nice. I wouldn't say it was a "beat out" - more like perhaps a better opportunity/fit. Beating out is really reserved for those 4* and 5* that you want simply because they are the best and other top teams are looking at it the same way.
I am more interested in what Coach DH does for the 2019 and beyond class - that's when the rubber hits the road
I have a good feeling going forward that with his new staff and with his father's far reaching arms, he will land some really nice prospects

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Maybe he just likes the taste. ;)

If that's the case, I hope you don't get upset should he express a preference for CiCi's over Pepe's or Modern.

Reaction Score

It all depends on the kind of mushroom.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom