Team USA @ Stanford - 11/02/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team USA @ Stanford - 11/02/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Nice showing by Stanford, but a lot of the oldsters, and DT headed the list, looked their age. It may take a while to get those old legs and reflexes in sync.

Reaction Score
Prediction: I'm pretty certain the Team USA game versus Oregon State on Monday night will not be anywhere near as close as this one today with Stanford. That's because there is no way Team USA repeats the same prolonged as well as intermittent, well below par performance we witnessed. No doubt Stanford is a very good team, but Team USA is bound to do much better. A more lopsided final score will say less about whether Stanford is better than Oregon State or not, and more about how different the competitive appearance of a game is when a team (in this case Team USA) avoids an extensive period of, as well as sporadic, self-inflicted, uncharacteristic poor play. OSU will be playing an improved team on Monday night. With this in mind, I don't think the scores, performances, and results of the game Saturday (USA vs. Stanford) versus the game Monday (USA vs. Oregon State) will be as directly comparable as many people think (but folks all over the country are going to compare them a lot anyway).

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice youtube videos of interviews during and after. Nneka dominating this and not doing a bad job of selling her old program)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Next and here Nneka is fabulous in a long post game interview

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and a small Kiana Williams Post game piece. Discussing a nice crossover step back 3 on Sue Bird :eek:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and a 90 second highlight grubbed off the PAC 12 Network

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Was there any update on Sylvia Fowles? She left the game in the second half with an apparent lower leg injury (maybe a calf strain?), went back to the locker room and never came back out.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So, USA basketball had one guard who is coming off knee surgery and hasn't played a game in about a year, another who hasn't played a game in more than a year after giving birth, another who hardly played the past WNBA season after back surgery, another who is coming off of an ankle injury after missing the last 3/4s of the WNBA regular season and the playoffs and another older guard who played sparingly and not effectively this past WNBA season.

This was the first game for this group after a few practices.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hmm, I recall her not only coming back out, but joking with Nneka and Augustus on the bench for the last few minutes of the game. She didn't seem too worried based on how jovial she seemed.
Ah okay, I guess I missed that. My bad.

Plebe

Reaction Score
So, USA basketball had one guard who is coming off knee surgery and hasn't played a game in about a year, another who hasn't played a game in more than a year after giving birth, another who hardly played the past WNBA season after back surgery, another who is coming off of an ankle injury after missing the last 3/4s of the WNBA regular season and the playoffs and another older guard who played sparingly and not effectively this past WNBA season.

Yeah I just realized that pretty much the entire backcourt available for this game was coming off either not playing at all last season or very limited action: Bird, Taurasi, Augustus, Diggins, Clarendon.

Two guards who did play full WNBA seasons were both unavailable yesterday: Plum and C. Gray.

Reaction Score

With three of those perimeter players being closer to 40 than 30, how much can we realistically expect for the comeback?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Perish the thought on this board, but wouldn't it make sense to call up Arike? She's not a true point, and her defense can lag substantially at times. But man, last night's guard performance made me think someone like her with energy, hussle, and grit would be exactly what Team USA needs in its guards.
NO and HELL NO, and so much for me quasi rooting for Stanford this year :mad:Head bang:confused:

Reaction Score
Perish the thought on this board, but wouldn't it make sense to call up Arike? She's not a true point, and her defense can lag substantially at times. But man, last night's guard performance made me think someone like her with energy, hussle, and grit would be exactly what Team USA needs in its guards.

She’s listed as participating in the Olympic pre-qualifying tournament that runs from 11/10 -11/15, but she’s playing overseas with great success right now, so I dunno if she’s planing to fly back for that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom