Team USA @ Oregon - 11/09/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Team USA @ Oregon - 11/09/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I guess it's safe to say that Oregon isn't showing signs of wilting under its frontrunner status.

Reaction Score
Yes, Team USA lost to Tennessee way back in 1999. This is only the second loss ever by Team USA to a college team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Has team USA ever lost to a college team before?
I think so, but it was so long ago that some of the current players weren't even born yet.

1573351212627.png

Reaction Score
Just proves without EDD, Stewie, and Griner , the defense, offense are not good. When talking GOAT need to include defense too. Lauren Jackson was the best in the world from 2003-2010 with 3 MVP in the WNBA. She also led Australia to the 2006 World Championship. The only time the USA din't win

Reaction Score
She’s kinda small to be a post in today’s basketball. She should probably make the transition to SF. She has a great three point shot.
i totally agree but how about just getting to a defensive spot early by using an effective angle to obstruct a driving player. thats not height dependent. (and i get this was just an exhibition)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Just proves without EDD, Stewie, and Griner , the defense, offense are not good. When talking GOAT need to include defense too. Lauren Jackson was the best in the world from 2003-2010 with 3 MVP in the WNBA. She also led Australia to the 2006 World Championship. The only time the USA din't win
Frankly, this exhibition tour has made Candace Parker look really stupid for saying that a USA B team would be the world's 2nd best team.

Reaction Score
Why didn't USA basketball have another big available when Aja Wilson became unavailable for the past couple of games?

I know its an exhibition game but the fact that Alisha Gray had to come as the +1 does not equate. They are missing both Aja wilson and EDD. You would think they have replaced one of those tall players with another tall player.

Because to make good money the other best players in the world, like Griner, go to Europe and Russia to make money.

Reaction Score
(honest question) is nneka known as a good/great defender?

Reaction Score
Because to make good money the other best players in the world, like Griner, go to Europe and Russia to make money.

And she‘ll still end up on the team when it counts the most.

Reaction Score
Well, that was super fun! The USA national team hadn't been looking peak, even before this, they'd been letting college teams get leads up on them, Stanford should be really proud of what they were able to do, and that gave me hope that Oregon could make this exciting. Fowles, A'ja, and Nneka were dominant in the previous games. And then A'ja was unavailable. I was definitely thinking during the game, that if EDD, Stewart, or Moore were out there, USA would be a lot more dangerous. It is amazing how quick Bird still is at 39 and how great her game is, but Taurasi seems to only want to take 3s. USA needs some deadly perimeter players. Good game for Collier today.

Reaction Score
I think after this game, I can see team USA adding Sabrina next year to help improve their perimeter play. Unless they really value the 3x3 inaugural Olympic Event that they have been grooming her for.

Reaction Score
This being a UConn site, I shouldn’t have to point out that the Lady Vols who have the only other college win over Team USA didn’t win the NCAA Championship. ;)

Reaction Score
I think after this game, I can see team USA adding Sabrina next year to help improve their perimeter play. Unless they really value the 3x3 inaugural Olympic Event that they have been grooming her for.
I think they just need to show confidence in one of the younger guards (Plum, Diggins-Smith, C. Gray, maybe Sabrina). I guess right now, they get a chance to show what they can do before anyone gets elevated above the others. Put Sabrina on team USA and she's in an entirely different role, and I'm not sure she'd have done much different than Plum (didn't show much of anything) - and Plum was looking really good in the recent WNBA semis - hit some clutch buzzer beaters.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm not sure she'd have done much different than Plum (didn't show much of anything) - and Plum was looking really good in the recent WNBA semis - hit some clutch buzzer beaters.

I mean, she played 2 minutes at the end of Q2. What can you show in 2 minutes?

Reaction Score
I mean, she played 2 minutes at the end of Q2. What can you show in 2 minutes?
Wow. That sucks. Sabrina, on the other hand, had a few more minutes to use to shine. Sabrina played great today. Gutsy, and it was fun. But is she better than Plum, C. Gray or Diggins-Smith? I hear Sue Bird saying 'Staley pulled me aside and said, I don't care who these players are you need to lead'... are these young players getting that chance? In the last Olympics, Catchings was last off the bench at age 37. Are Bird and Taurasi going to start in Tokyo?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow. That sucks. Sabrina, on the other hand, had a few more minutes to use to shine. Sabrina played great today. Gutsy, and it was fun. But is she better than Plum, C. Gray or Diggins-Smith? I hear Sue Bird saying 'Staley pulled me aside and said, I don't care who these players are you need to lead'... are these young players getting that chance? In the last Olympics, Catchings was last off the bench at age 37. Are Bird and Taurasi going to start in Tokyo?

It's an interesting question. In this game Ionescu was certainly better than anyone in the back court wearing a U.S. uniform.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom