Team shows heart and improvement | The Boneyard

Team shows heart and improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What we'll probably see:
Disappointed with the finish, Diaco already excited about next year.

What we should see:
Why Bob Diaco should not coach another game at UConn.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
UConn offense is due for a breakout game in 2017

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
You left out Mind, Body, and Soul

Reaction Score
We were only team in the country to go the entire season without a first quarter touchdown. So he might go with:

"UConn accomplishes something no other team in the country did"

Or since we actually scored yesterday:

"UConn finishes season strong, scoring more points than the prior 3 games combined"

We could also see:

"UConn ready to win the offseason with love and brotherhood"

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I like this from a recent Daily Campus article:

"UConn was outscored 133-3 by their opponents before Newsome’s touchdown ended the drought."

That says everything we need t know about this season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What we'll probably see:
Disappointed with the finish, Diaco already excited about next year.
Close. post game quotes

Head Coach Bob Diaco

Opening Statement
Tough game, tough year. The team tried hard today and strained; no one quit and everybody fought. A lot of the guys in that locker room are crying and it’s easy to see just how in love with each other they are; coaches and players, players and coaches. It was a long, long season in which expectations were spectacularly high and the results and production were spectacularly low. The minute I step away from this podium I am going to get started on the 2017 season. Just as I and the team turned it into a bowl team in year two, we are going to get back to it. This team will live up to the expectations that the awesome group that came to the stadium and was on Husky Walk cheering hard for the guys and the coaches and tapped everyone’s hand at the Walk, we are going to get to work on giving them the team that they deserve as soon as I step away from this podium.

In the past, I definitely didn’t intend to say the word "easy" on the fix. I meant to say isolated and easily-identifiable. There is not a rebuild that needs to happen. There are a lot of things that were very hard to build that have not broken. All of it sounds like "stuff" right now after a miserable year and I understand and respect that. But it doesn’t make it any less true. We need to get better at executing in-game in the three phases.

Reaction Score
Appropriately, someone corrected Fiasco"s prior ridiculous references to "easy fixes". Now, about the Fiasco himself ...

Reaction Score
My Diaco with Integrity speech:

I failed the team and fans miserably this year, and my performance is unacceptable. I am the head coach and it is my responsibility to ensure success, nobody's else's. You don't need to look around any farther than this podium for the reason for this season's failure. I have offered my resignation to the AD with fair terms of separation and reduced severance of 1.5 million. If he believes my departure is in the best interest of UConn, I support that decision because seeing UConn football successful is my sole priority. That is my one and only job. I believe I can return the team to winning ways if you will give me the chance to do so. I will be revamping our staff, and we will get the folks we need in here to get it right. I'm so certain in my ability to get this done, I've also informed the AD that UConn may relieve me from my position without cost if they are unsatified with next year's results. I'm fully prepared to back up my words with real consequences. We all talk about taking responsibility, but taking real responsibility is more than saying the words. It means suffering the adverse consequences of failure. I thank everyone for the amazing opportunity to lead UConn football, and whatever the future holds, whether I return or not, I want you to know how committed I am to seeing UConn be a major force in college football. We have everything we need to make that a reality. There are no excuses to be made. I'm sorry I let the University, its students and fans down this year. It's not happening again, one way or the other.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
@ConnHuskBask please tell me you're reading Matt's Q&A tonight.

What program is he watching?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This has been a brutal Q&A to read.

Oh, good, it isnt just me

I liked the note about Mike McIntyre at Colorado...yeah, well, he can RECRUIT

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oh, good, it isnt just me

I liked the note about Mike McIntyre at Colorado...yeah, well, he can RECRUIT

And he's mining recruits from actual HS football country.

Reaction Score
Kale.
We all know he didn't need to add any Colon Cleanse to it because he shouldn't have had any left after all the bull he spewed in his post game presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom